• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - new to this (1 Viewer)

Flipn

RedCents
25¢
So i have a 105 wiz bored of wanted to try the i will have a zerker bard sham war monk and maybe clr all 85 hero.
and just wanted to know if the 6 box will work like will the clr keep the party up or should i just use a merc.
any links or info would be great thanks:eq1

Cleric should be fine, obviously you'll have to do level ish appropriate content(appropriate to your tank basically). Between autocleric and KISS you should be able to easily outperform a merc cleric with even a sub par geared cleric. Unless you're just dead set on melee I would use ench and drop bard/shm(and the zerk..but I <3 monks) in favor of moar deepz!

In my opinion:
If the cleric is ALLACCESS and geared for the content you are running, he should do very well keeping up your group, especially if you use the shaman as a secondary healer, and bard mezzing adds.

Real cleric using a decent KA ini, autocleric, mq2bot or mq2heals will stomp a cleric merc.

As the poodle said above, unless you're dead set on the melee group, caster group is much easier to maintain and not quite so obviously bot-ty if you invite others to group and they realize your 5 boxing and keeping your toons perfectly on the mob at all times, etc.

I have 7 groups up right now of various levels and AAs and every group has 1 thing in common, a cleric! ALL my clerics are FTP after I get them maxed on level and AAs, a never rely on a merc to heal when a cleric does something no merc will ever do.. full battle rez! and FAST!

- - - Updated - - -

guess I need to post a best in slot ftp cleric gear next.... hehehee

- - - Updated - - -

if you have level 2 access I have a new post up on how and what to get gear wise for a 105 Cleric to keep him FTP but still make him great at his job

Question - new to this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back