• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to this. Where do I find ini descriptions? (1 Viewer)

gogeceo

RedCents
80¢
Hi all!

I'm new to this. Already started usig it last night and wow what fun! I took a 85 heroic nec file and copied into it.. Today I took Xegony's 110 file and thought I would adjust it. Only problem is I don't really know what everything means. Is there a link to the page that describes each command and options for each part of the ini file somewhere? It may be in front of my eyes. Thanks for any help!

Perfect, thank you Sic! Was talking to someone earlier about learning this program. Is it a bad idea to discuss that I am using this on general chat in case I am looking for someone's help or should I just stick to the forums here and wait? Also, the whole thing about not botting and hacking is spot on right? As long as I don't go afk in a mob area shouldn't get me in trouble right with daybreak? All I am wanting to do is box one other character because soloing has been difficult at 90.

Perfect, thank you Sic! Was talking to someone earlier about learning this program. Is it a bad idea to discuss that I am using this on general chat in case I am looking for someone's help or should I just stick to the forums here and wait? Also, the whole thing about not botting and hacking is spot on right? As long as I don't go afk in a mob area shouldn't get me in trouble right with daybreak? All I am wanting to do is box one other character because soloing has been difficult at 90.
i would say in general chat in eq is a bad idea

Sic, Do I need to add the Rk II when adding spells or just the basic name of the spell? and also when I want to cast say Impart strength and hit every member in the group including pets would it be something like buffsx=impart strength | group?

Sic, Do I need to add the Rk II when adding spells or just the basic name of the spell? and also when I want to cast say Impart strength and hit every member in the group including pets would it be something like buffsx=impart strength | group?
you do not need the rk. ii --- lots of older inis still have it in there tho

if you just had the single target buff with no class or me designation it would cast on everyone

INI:
What to buff.
MA, Me, Melee, Caster, Class are valid targets flags.
Kiss automatically detects self-only buffs, but single target and group buffs can apply the Me tag if you only want them cast on you. The MA flag also works out of group.
The Class tag requires an additional paramater, and must follow the Class tag. Use with single target spells only. See below in the Examples.
Examples:
Buffs3=Flameshield of Ro (This will cast on everyone)
Buffs3=Flameshield of Ro|MA (This will only cast on MA)
Buffs3=Flameshield of Ro|CLASS|WAR,SK,PAL (This will only cast on Warrior, Shadow Knight, or Paladin)

Sic, what would you suggest for where i should put them and how i should use them when it comes to my aa's that have timers i.e. embalmer's carapace (defense 15 min timer), life burn (uses helth to finish off enemy 24 min timer), spire necromancy (increases crit chance 9 min timer) and aa's like those where I just wanna try to use them in emergencies or when there's multiple mobs or when a mob aggros to the box necro?

Sic, what would you suggest for where i should put them and how i should use them when it comes to my aa's that have timers i.e. embalmer's carapace (defense 15 min timer), life burn (uses helth to finish off enemy 24 min timer), spire necromancy (increases crit chance 9 min timer) and aa's like those where I just wanna try to use them in emergencies or when there's multiple mobs or when a mob aggros to the box necro?

I would suggest going into the ini discussion area located here https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/kissassist-ini-library.18/ and search from some necro ini's and how others do things. You can learn a lot from people who have already made ini's. I haven't looked, but there should be some necro ones, there hasnt been a class I haven't found.

Question - New to this. Where do I find ini descriptions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back