• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to multi boxing (1 Viewer)

yamahaman

RedCents
217¢
Hello,

I have been in and out of the eq community for years. Every-time I played a single character it just got dull and boring. I recently wanted to start a box team and currently have SK/Necro/ shaman or ranger. What’s the best way to start? I tried to do the old fashion alt tab but my SK goes down like a sack of potatoes. Is this group good enough + mercs ( and which) to do ToV content. I’m also new to macros so Just looking for advice. Will the macros in level 2 have everything I need out of the box to run them all? Sorry for being a newb. Anything helps really. TIA

*edit*
What are the best plugins macros for these?

Last edited:
OK, you have several avenues you can use to help you play, you have Kissassist and MuleAssist, these two are both macro's based on an ini file you create, you then have IHC's maco set that basically do everything for you, and then finally you have CWTN's Plugins, but for the released versions of these plugins you will need to pay for a 1 year license (and to my mind they are well worth the price) He currently has MQ2Berserker, MQ2Rogue, MQ2Warrior and MQ2Monk, with pre-release versions of MQ2Cleric, MQ2EsKay available for free.

You'll need a level 2 subscription to Redguides to be able to use most of these, but in all fairness it's well worth it, just click HERE and sign up

We have a super helpful community and a VERY active discord forum

Your class line up will work. Using necro and shaman for DPS will get the job done, but of course being DoT damage, it will take time.

Your tank will obviously need to be geared well and maintaining his buffs while doing his life sucking thing.

ToV is rough to start with. I do not recommend working out your macros on ToV content. I would do something easier while you learn to give you less chances of death. XP in the 111+ range is like 5 hell levels when it comes to XPing off of just killing things.

There are a wide range of macros and plugins that can help. They will vary in "out of the box" playability. Most of the macros will require you spend some time customizing an INI to fit your toon and play style specifically. Most of them will have a bank of example INIs folks have shared to help folks get started. A few are made to simple turn-on and let loose.

Each macro will have a list of required include files or macros it requires. If it does not include with the download they generally have a link to all the needed files.

Some of the plugins and macros require purchase from the author. Others ask for donations. Others are open for anyone.

I would take the time to read over the available options and figure out what works best for your play style and go from there. For example, if you want a "one macro fits all" set up, as VP mentioned there is KISS or it's offshoots. They are highly supported here. Or you can do class specific macros or plugins, which means learning the ins and outs of different macros per toon. These of course, tends to better utilize the class, but tends to do so as the author's idea on what things ought to be happening when.

Take a look at things and feel free to ask.

Hiya @yamahaman sounds like you're very new to the idea of MQ2 and all things automagical. Hopefully can get you moving in the right direction by firing you a 1 month sub for yourself to try out redguides. As Vorpal and Warlock have mentioned, there's several options moving forward once you're level 2. Best way to get started is to get that level 2 access (FOR FREE! [for a month]). I'll gift this directly to you, so you'll be level 2 by the time you read this.

Step 2 is probably joining the Redguides discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/vcQCqM

If you don't have the discord application on your computer, it's highly recommended.

Next is to bury your face in the forums and pick the brains of fellow redguides members. There's a plethora of information to cover for a starting user. Covering it all in a single post isn't really so easy.

Here's some new member information that will likely help you get moving forward.

So, You're new to RedGuides/VeryVanilla and MQ2?

Well, we are lucky to have you, so welcome!

Here are some handy resources to get you started

Getting Setup Videos by Redbot:
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/multiboxing-everquest-the-red-guide-videos.1603/

Sic's video on using some EQBC, MQ2Nav, and Kiss /Camphere features:

Sic's Video on the RedGuide's launcher:

Meshes are essential to intelligent automation. However, the full library of meshes is about 2 gigs of data. Plan ahead and download in advance!
Here is a link to Wired's Meshes:
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2nav-meshes.340/

Here is a guide on finding an Ini from our resource library:
https://www.redguides.com/community...-resource-how-to-search-and-use-an-ini.69914/

Hiya @yamahaman sounds like you're very new to the idea of MQ2 and all things automagical. Hopefully can get you moving in the right direction by firing you a 1 month sub for yourself to try out redguides. As Vorpal and Warlock have mentioned, there's several options moving forward once you're level 2. Best way to get started is to get that level 2 access (FOR FREE! [for a month]). I'll gift this directly to you, so you'll be level 2 by the time you read this.

Step 2 is probably joining the Redguides discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/vcQCqM

If you don't have the discord application on your computer, it's highly recommended.

Next is to bury your face in the forums and pick the brains of fellow redguides members. There's a plethora of information to cover for a starting user. Covering it all in a single post isn't really so easy.

Here's some new member information that will likely help you get moving forward.

So, You're new to RedGuides/VeryVanilla and MQ2?

Well, we are lucky to have you, so welcome!

Here are some handy resources to get you started

Getting Setup Videos by Redbot:
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/multiboxing-everquest-the-red-guide-videos.1603/

Sic's video on using some EQBC, MQ2Nav, and Kiss /Camphere features:

Sic's Video on the RedGuide's launcher:

Meshes are essential to intelligent automation. However, the full library of meshes is about 2 gigs of data. Plan ahead and download in advance!
Here is a link to Wired's Meshes:
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2nav-meshes.340/

Here is a guide on finding an Ini from our resource library:
https://www.redguides.com/community...-resource-how-to-search-and-use-an-ini.69914/

thank you soo much I appreciate that more then you know! I will plan to do a day of reading and look at all the stuff provided with yourhelp now that I’m level 2 💪. THANK YOU!

Your class line up will work. Using necro and shaman for DPS will get the job done, but of course being DoT damage, it will take time.

Your tank will obviously need to be geared well and maintaining his buffs while doing his life sucking thing.

ToV is rough to start with. I do not recommend working out your macros on ToV content. I would do something easier while you learn to give you less chances of death. XP in the 111+ range is like 5 hell levels when it comes to XPing off of just killing things.

There are a wide range of macros and plugins that can help. They will vary in "out of the box" playability. Most of the macros will require you spend some time customizing an INI to fit your toon and play style specifically. Most of them will have a bank of example INIs folks have shared to help folks get started. A few are made to simple turn-on and let loose.

Each macro will have a list of required include files or macros it requires. If it does not include with the download they generally have a link to all the needed files.

Some of the plugins and macros require purchase from the author. Others ask for donations. Others are open for anyone.

I would take the time to read over the available options and figure out what works best for your play style and go from there. For example, if you want a "one macro fits all" set up, as VP mentioned there is KISS or it's offshoots. They are highly supported here. Or you can do class specific macros or plugins, which means learning the ins and outs of different macros per toon. These of course, tends to better utilize the class, but tends to do so as the author's idea on what things ought to be happening when.

Take a look at things and feel free to ask.

that does explain a lot on why I was dying so quick, I’m thinking since my toons are 110 Now. Setting it up and do some aa gains in TBL, and possibly making a few more box characters right now, I’ve seen mage/bard/zerk is the normal for a healthy box set up.

OK, you have several avenues you can use to help you play, you have Kissassist and MuleAssist, these two are both macro's based on an ini file you create, you then have IHC's maco set that basically do everything for you, and then finally you have CWTN's Plugins, but for the released versions of these plugins you will need to pay for a 1 year license (and to my mind they are well worth the price) He currently has MQ2Berserker, MQ2Rogue, MQ2Warrior and MQ2Monk, with pre-release versions of MQ2Cleric, MQ2EsKay available for free.

You'll need a level 2 subscription to Redguides to be able to use most of these, but in all fairness it's well worth it, just click HERE and sign up

We have a super helpful community and a VERY active discord forum

honestly a very active/helpful community will help a ton, I’ve been on redguides for years. Just never really gave boxing a shot! Now is my time though! Thank you

Question - New to multi boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back