• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - new to all this stuff (1 Viewer)

tarjar0

RedCents
14¢
is this worth subbing to help box one toon? im just looking for a little added support for my monk main so i'm leveling a shammy. just looking for the best way to drag him around and have him pretty much just buff me and slow mobs.
any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

Yea, there is so much more than just boxing assistance, it takes a while to even grasp the scope of all the stuff available in Redguide VV compile, it's worth every cent, and then some. The community is also full of amazing and helpful people.

is this worth subbing to help box one toon? im just looking for a little added support for my monk main so i'm leveling a shammy. just looking for the best way to drag him around and have him pretty much just buff me and slow mobs.
any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

The initial startup process is going to be the hardest. You won't know exactly how to set things up how you want, but that's okay. Keeping your scope relatively small initially will help breaking everything down into digestible bits.
"I want to make my Shaman heal and slow"
Then set up you ini to heal your Monk at X%, and slow enemy NPCs at Y%
Once you have that squared away you got the foundation to add your Shaman DPSing. Add some DoTs and Nukes to the mix. Then get them summoning their pet. Each extra bit gets you closer to fully understanding it all.

Even years later, using RG for various things I still turn to some of the masters here when I get stumped on something.

What level is your Monk/Shaman? There are some pretty good already made ini files for most classes at 5 level intervals that you can download and run right away in the KA ini Library.

MQ2 is the add-on platform that SOE should have made in 2003 and officially supported all along. Games like WoW and others do user created add-ons and it's not a big deal. I tell people all the time, even if you never intend to box or run full automation, you should be using MQ2 just for the QoL features.

The initial startup process is going to be the hardest. You won't know exactly how to set things up how you want, but that's okay. Keeping your scope relatively small initially will help breaking everything down into digestible bits.
"I want to make my Shaman heal and slow"
Then set up you ini to heal your Monk at X%, and slow enemy NPCs at Y%
Once you have that squared away you got the foundation to add your Shaman DPSing. Add some DoTs and Nukes to the mix. Then get them summoning their pet. Each extra bit gets you closer to fully understanding it all.

Even years later, using RG for various things I still turn to some of the masters here when I get stumped on something.

What level is your Monk/Shaman? There are some pretty good already made ini files for most classes at 5 level intervals that you can download and run right away in the KA ini Library.
monk is 115 and shaman is 90 right now.

I manual boxed 5 for 12 years.. what a inefficient nightmare. Take it slow, get on discord to ask questions, as posted before, its a lot of stuff, take it in little steps. For2+ boxes, makes it so much easier and enjoyable to actually use your toon's to a 70-80% effectiveness (maybe more, maybe less) vice 30-40% tabbing between them.

MQ2 is the add-on platform that SOE should have made in 2003 and officially supported all along. Games like WoW and others do user created add-ons and it's not a big deal. I tell people all the time, even if you never intend to box or run full automation, you should be using MQ2 just for the QoL features.

This.

I simply wouldn't play EQ at all if MQ2 didn't work/exist. Not that I play all that much, but it makes the times when I do play productive, or at least my characters are productive and I watch them smash things up like I'm being useful

Ok,

I am not going to hopefully hijack this thread. But I am in the same boat, like where do you start this looks so interesting and I want to duo, never did it before. But I feel overwhelmed with it should i read more get a sub amd see what I should do?

Question - new to all this stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back