• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - New Private Server ( Mq2 Question ) (1 Viewer)

spcalan14

RedCents
130¢
I have my new private-only server running.
/bcaa //say TEST = works
both bots are standing next to each other in same zone
I can target a mob.. and click /atar, and both will target

but... /mtm, /followme, etc doesn't work..
what gives?

I used this with 42x bots on PEQ.. for 2 years... but now it's not working.
Is there something I need to change in a file that says I am playing mq2 on a new server name ?

I have my new private-only server running.
/bcaa //say TEST = works
both bots are standing next to each other in same zone
I can target a mob.. and click /atar, and both will target

but... /mtm, /followme, etc doesn't work..
what gives?

I used this with 42x bots on PEQ.. for 2 years... but now it's not working.
Is there something I need to change in a file that says I am playing mq2 on a new server name ?
they're defaulted to use dannet

you can edit your mq2groupinfo stuff to use eqbc if you wanted, or use dannet

I do not see a file /mq2groupinfo

but why would I need to change anything since I am moving servers ?
I was playing 42x bots yesterday with mq2 and raiding

I changed the /mq2eqbc server to my ip address.

View attachment 58598
inside your config folder

1709933079383.png

you will want to comment out the dannet commands and allow the eqbc commands to exist

INI:
ComeToMeText=Come To Me
;ComeToMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/bcg //nav id ${Me.ID}
;NavStopCommand=/dgge /nav stop
NavStopCommand=/bcg //nav stop

FollowMeText=Follow Me
;FollowMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeToolTip=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
;FollowStopCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop
FollowStopCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop

MimicMeText=Mimic Me
;MimicMeSayCommand=/dgge /say
MimicMeSayCommand=/bcg //say
;MimicMeHailCommand=/dgge /keypress HAIL
MimicMeHailCommand=/bcg //keypress HAIL
MimicMeToolTip=Everyone do what I do: targeting, hailing, etc.

I don't think anybody knows what you're trying to do. Even I have no idea what the thing you're using is. Changing servers shouldn't alter the behavior of the code unless you're using a special build for a special server.

Hoping you can explain more than showing a picture of an empty folder that nobody asked you about.

You sound like you are using a 10 year old build of MQ2. That build is frozen in time. Theres been a lot of change in the last 10 years. Unfortunately, if thats the case, it means we have no idea what it is you're using, and you probably need to ask where you got the E3 build from.

If you're trying to update to the latest build, then we can help. but i'm not sure if that is the case.

Fair enough. I raided yesterday on PEQ, with 42x bots using MQ2 perfectly. Nothing has changed.
I created a new private server today, and nothing with mq2 works.

Let me find a new mq2 build.

@spcalan14 I hope you give Brain some info so he can help you better, we all learn when someone has issues that can be resolved.

Also.. as you have setup a Private server, that's pretty awesome!! Congrats. I'd like to ask if you would be interested in making a new post (not in this thread) about a Guide for us players who might enjoy to do the same. Great way for you to make a nice post and help the community back.

E3_RoF2? Fairly certain we don't have E3_RoF2 at redguides. Are you not using Redguides EMU build? I see you're not level 2, so my guess is you're using some other MQ build, which makes it infinitely harder to help you since you don't mention it, and we don't know anything about the build itself. Should go to where-ever you got your E3_RoF2 build of MQ from and request assistance from them.

Problem - New Private Server ( Mq2 Question )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back