• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - New player needs a hand (1 Viewer)

RedCents
31¢
I get to this screen, and then it drops with no error message. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired and looked for a solution and am having now luck. Any help would be outstanding!

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    296.1 KB · Views: 15
Until you're able to solve your issue with the launcher, you can download a zip copy of MQ2 so that you can use it until you fix your issue.

Download in the top right corner.

The of course isn't the ideal method of updating. But it can at least get you going in game until the issue finds a resolution.

What do you mean "just dropping" ? Can you explain a little clearer please. Is it just closing? Stopping? freezing? Turning off your computer?

Have you tried restarting your computer after the install?

After I installed mine there were a few times when I would double click..pfft nothing...gotta love modern technology. It's made by man and man is flawed, so by default it is flawed. Nothing is perfect 100% of the time.

With that in mind. Does this happen every time you click the application to launch? I went into my Task Manager and checked to see if it was running and I just wasn't seeing it. Was it a graphics glitch? or did I have to much open? what what what? the list was long to hunt down. Sometimes the needle skips on the record on start up. Double click start again. It took my computer about 4-5 times of double clicking the app to wakey and say OH ok we start this. On the 3rd day worked like a charm. Really haven't had much trouble since.

Until you're able to solve your issue with the launcher, you can download a zip copy of MQ2 so that you can use it until you fix your issue.

Download in the top right corner.

The of course isn't the ideal method of updating. But it can at least get you going in game until the issue finds a resolution.
I will most likely do that for now. Thanks!

What do you mean "just dropping" ? Can you explain a little clearer please. Is it just closing? Stopping? freezing? Turning off your computer?

Have you tried restarting your computer after the install?

After I installed mine there were a few times when I would double click..pfft nothing...gotta love modern technology. It's made by man and man is flawed, so by default it is flawed. Nothing is perfect 100% of the time.

With that in mind. Does this happen every time you click the application to launch? I went into my Task Manager and checked to see if it was running and I just wasn't seeing it. Was it a graphics glitch? or did I have to much open? what what what? the list was long to hunt down. Sometimes the needle skips on the record on start up. Double click start again. It took my computer about 4-5 times of double clicking the app to wakey and say OH ok we start this. On the 3rd day worked like a charm. Really haven't had much trouble since.

By "dropping" I mean it gets to the picture I attached, you can see the bottom left corner it says loaded successfully, and then the Launcher drops off the screen. Not into the task bar, not running in the back ground, no error message. I also open it with a right click and as admin, even tried just "open". Same result.

And you just upgraded to Win 10? Have you done all the updates? You don't need to Run as Admin it's a friendly app. It pops up an Allow to Make changes option. If it's your computer you should be the Admin account so it would be a redundant command. Check your Firewall? Allow access? I had to allow access for mine. It does have a timer, if you don't log in within a certain time it does time out. That is the nature of login pages for security.

And you just upgraded to Win 10? Have you done all the updates? You don't need to Run as Admin it's a friendly app. It pops up an Allow to Make changes option. If it's your computer you should be the Admin account so it would be a redundant command. Check your Firewall? Allow access? I had to allow access for mine. It does have a timer, if you don't log in within a certain time it does time out. That is the nature of login pages for security.
No, I have been using it on my Windows 10 since I started. I had an update that I pushed yesterday and it's not be working since. It's on my "Do Not Disturb" list for my Firewall, so it is not getting caught up there.

Well it appears your problem is obvious. The pushed update. Is there another update? or hotfix? if not I would do a rollback to before the update. You should have a save before the push.

No, I have been using it on my Windows 10 since I started. I had an update that I pushed yesterday and it's not be working since. It's on my "Do Not Disturb" list for my Firewall, so it is not getting caught up there.
didnt they push the new browser (microsoft edge). Maybe it just cant find that? look what default browser is and change it to something else. Just a thought

Tech - New player needs a hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back