• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New Persona Group Suggestion (1 Viewer)

fleqfan

oblivious
RedCents
1,567¢
I am planning on after next patch (or maybe Feb patch) to start a Persona Group from my primary group and was looking for any suggestions and answers to the questions below on the group I am considering.

I am thinking for storage space, using a new house per persona where they are a co-owner so their items I can drop there. I already have a guild neighborhood so might as well make use of it. I am also planning on not rushing the leveling and trying to do 1 expansion at a time and some hunters and quests I never did before on the main group. Never did the tutorial on any of these chars since they are all from 1999 :) so will do that as well ~

Currently I am running WAR/CLR/ENC/MAG/DRU/WIZ

New group I am thinking SK/SHM/BRD/ROG/ROG/ROG

My logic is that with the 3 rogues it will allow me to SOS and campfire about anywhere. Is not having a beastlord hurting the DPS here?

From what I have read getting epics on the SK SHM and BRD are recommended but what about the Rogues?

With Jann's, Mount Blessing, TBL food I am thinking gear up to about 85 should not even matter?

Should I wait to 125 to worry about type 3 augs?

With autologin, will it always just login the last class that one camped out with?

I plan on using CWTN plugins on them all except bard of course. Instead of having to constantly update a KA ini, is there something simple that would work from level 1 to 100?

Right now, with just War in my main group, using MQ is less noticeable than some of the melee groups I have seen. What suggestions are there to make it less obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help.

My logic is that with the 3 rogues it will allow me to SOS and campfire about anywhere. Is not having a beastlord hurting the DPS here?

The DPS loss will probably be significant but not insurmountable. Personas have 3 extra slots so you could make one a beast lord after if the campfire thing doesn't work out. Honestly travel is so easy, and your personal power will be so high relative to the content quickly that I'd think the beast lord utility would outweigh the loss of campfire skipping. Sustain from paragon, backup slower, pet backup tank, passive healing, melee focused synergy.

From what I have read getting epics on the SK SHM and BRD are recommended but what about the Rogues?

Rogue epic clicky is a 45% extra triple backstab chance? It is useful post 85/90 if that holds true but isn't make or break the way the meta epics are for SHD/SHM/BRD.

With Jann's, Mount Blessing, TBL food I am thinking gear up to about 85 should not even matter?

Depending on how you want to do it, I'd level to about 65 or 70 as 2 sets of 3 with mercs. Warrior merc can carry you naked to 75.. just slows down a bit around 60.

Should I wait to 125 to worry about type 3 augs?

I wouldn't worry about them until you hit a wall, or just want to get them for completionism. My guess is ~110 you'll feel you want them on your tank at least.

With autologin, will it always just login the last class that one camped out with?

Ideally, but EQ has some weird bugs where I've come in on a different persona. Don't /q out as I think that caused it last time.

I plan on using CWTN plugins on them all except bard of course. Instead of having to constantly update a KA ini, is there something simple that would work from level 1 to 100?

RGMercs should be viable on bard to get you up there. They are working on fixing up some issues with it, but it should at least get you up and running without INI edits.

Right now, with just War in my main group, using MQ is less noticeable than some of the melee groups I have seen. What suggestions are there to make it less obvious?

My only suggestion is avoid scenarios where this is a concern, but if I had to, I'd turn off stick on the rogues or change their stick to something that doesn't strafe. It'll cost you some dps/efficiency, as you'll not swing around behind, but you won't do that obvious strafe thing.

Thanks, awesome info! Will RC once I can again :)

Right now I pretty much move everywhere with double invis but you are probably right about campfires. I am now thinking that 2 rogues and a bard can more than likely get me a campfire anywhere too.

Question - New Persona Group Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back