• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

New nerfs for Hunters, Minstrels & Burglars (1 Viewer)

Czarman

RedCents
1,381¢
So what do you guys think about these impending nerfs? I think so many hunters are going to quit playing their hunter till they reverse or adjust it accordingly. Something as easy as making 30 second or 1 minute timers on fear would solve the problem, but we all know it is the devs that want this because of PvMP reasons.

Burglars having a 10 second cooldown on stealth is not so bad, but still will get unwanted aggro from mobs unlike before. And Minstrels I believe this should least affect since they used that skill not for kiting but to actually get an add to run away, so this new change adding 5 seconds will benefit them.

I know for me I will give it a shot, and see how bad it is, but I heavily rely on fear kiting as a melee tactic more than any thing. So having to change my fighting tactics is going to be interesting. Lets face it Hunters couldn't melee their way out of a wet paper bag.

I guess for me, I never got too much into the fear thing. Mainly because hunter fears are animal based and not humanoid. I just got used to trap killing. Now, I just drop multiple traps and my legendary.

I do use fear sometimes though if I run across a higher lvl elite for a drop. Other than that, I never use it.

shadowman33 said:
I guess for me, I never got too much into the fear thing. Mainly because hunter fears are animal based and not humanoid. I just got used to trap killing. Now, I just drop multiple traps and my legendary.

I do use fear sometimes though if I run across a higher lvl elite for a drop. Other than that, I never use it.

Obviously you never slotted "A shot in the dark" (level 41+). This has a fear component built in that makes soloing a breeze. Refreshes every 30 seconds, so finish off 1 mob, move on to the next. Does not work on everything, just "evil" mobs. Having this trait makes you a killing machine...ok true it needs some rebalancing, but not a total nerf. I just recently reached Gath Forthnir and it works on spiders, morravals, angarim, and of course undead, etc.

ya know, I never did slot it. I got so used to using what I had that I just forgot about it. I understood that it had a fear component, but obviously my lack of messing with it is the result of my ignorance to it ROFL.

I'll slot it and see what fun I can have. Thank you for the info though.

New nerfs for Hunters, Minstrels & Burglars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back