• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New member with some noob questions/issues (1 Viewer)

Asqelon

RedCents
22¢
Hi guys,

I recently returned to EQ (after a short 18 years break), having even more fun than back in the classic era. Did some Alt-Tab boxing with mediocre results, so I thought I will give MQ a try.
Just installed it and did some testing with my low level SK and Ench. Setup was pretty easy, however MQ messed up the combined player/target window I was using (https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6665). Mana/Endurance bars on the MA were gone, and it throwed in the buffs of my target. Not a big deal, found a standard target window which is ok on a 4k monitor. But is there a way I can fix that or do I have to stick to standard windows?

Installed a standard KA template for my Ench, but the results weren't convincing. Especially the mezzes were....well, a mess ;) Occasionally he mezzed adds, but more often than not he didn't care, and never remezzed mobs. Mez was on in the template, spells were ok as well. Am I missing something here? Does it require conditions to run more smoothly?

So I switched to RGMercs, and suddenly my Ench started to actually act like an Ench ;) Mezzes are perfect, buffs are useful. But: he is way too agressive. As soon as I pull a mob he nukes away, normally 3 times in a row (most often pulling aggro) before he tash the mob. He's burning through his mana as if there is no tommorow. Couldn't find any setting to change that. Any idea how to fix that?

And most importantly: How can I change to font size in the MQ window? /chatfontsize just changes it in my main window.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi guys,

I recently returned to EQ (after a short 18 years break), having even more fun than back in the classic era. Did some Alt-Tab boxing with mediocre results, so I thought I will give MQ a try.
Just installed it and did some testing with my low level SK and Ench. Setup was pretty easy, however MQ messed up the combined player/target window I was using (https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6665). Mana/Endurance bars on the MA were gone, and it throwed in the buffs of my target. Not a big deal, found a standard target window which is ok on a 4k monitor. But is there a way I can fix that or do I have to stick to standard windows?

Installed a standard KA template for my Ench, but the results weren't convincing. Especially the mezzes were....well, a mess ;) Occasionally he mezzed adds, but more often than not he didn't care, and never remezzed mobs. Mez was on in the template, spells were ok as well. Am I missing something here? Does it require conditions to run more smoothly?

So I switched to RGMercs, and suddenly my Ench started to actually act like an Ench ;) Mezzes are perfect, buffs are useful. But: he is way too agressive. As soon as I pull a mob he nukes away, normally 3 times in a row (most often pulling aggro) before he tash the mob. He's burning through his mana as if there is no tommorow. Couldn't find any setting to change that. Any idea how to fix that?

And most importantly: How can I change to font size in the MQ window? /chatfontsize just changes it in my main window.

Any help would be appreciated!
howdy Asqelon Welcome to RedGuides and welcome back to EQ!

a lot of UIs don't do so well with 4k monitors :(

RG is a great "out of the box" option - you'll want to review the RGMercs section and documentation for possible adjustments
links to commands and faq and such is on their overview page > HERE <

you can change mq2 font by /mqfont #

Last edited:
howdy Asqelon Welcome to RedGuides and welcome back to EQ!

a lot of UIs don't do so well with 4k monitors :(

RG is a great "out of the box" option - you'll want to review the RGMercs section and documentation for possible adjustments
links to commands and faq and such is on their overview page > HERE <

you can change mq2 font by /mqfont #

My eyes say thank you for the font solution :)

1 more question: Client crashes most of the time when I /loadskin. Haven't loaded any macro except RGMercs. Could this also be related to custom UIs?

It can certainly be related.

You'll want to check UIErrors.txt in your EVERQUEST directory to see what it is potentially complaining about.

Question - New member with some noob questions/issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back