• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New Laptop suggestions? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
Hey everyone. I have recently gotten back into eq. I am planning on getting a new laptop for personal use and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on one that might be capable of boxing 12 - 18 accounts. Anything that I should look out for/consider when deciding on a laptop?

i got > this < earlier this year for when i'm not at home and dang, it is amazing
Wait for Black Friday deals, saw an article on my Apple News feed saying retailers are going to discount PC's big-time to reduce inventory
Black Friday Christmas GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Hey everyone. I have recently gotten back into eq. I am planning on getting a new laptop for personal use and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on one that might be capable of boxing 12 - 18 accounts. Anything that I should look out for/consider when deciding on a laptop?
1. An independent graphic card is necessary.
2. RAM 16G+ for box 12-18.
3. 14" laptop screen size, with 1366 x 768 resolution, is not big enough for so many EQ UI windows, unless you use an external monitor.
4. 15"/17" laptops support 1920 x 1080 resolution. But as I am using a 17" one, the screen space is still not enough.

So, conclusion = laptop performance is not a big problem to run EQ, but screen space is.

Last edited:
thank you very much for the responses. As for my specific needs personally, I do plan on moving around as i will be using this for a graduate program as well. I plan on playing or plugging into my dual monitors when I am home but using it as a desktop replacement. Again, thank you for your advice and any further suggestions or specs would be appreciated.

I am extremely happy with my Lenovo Legion Pro 5 16incher I got last year. 12700h with 3060 for video. I upgraded RAM to 64GB DDR5.

I use it extensively for programming/data analysis work even though it is considered a gaming laptop.

It has plenty of ports, good upgradability, great 2560x1600 screen and most importantly - excellent cooling.

Pretty much all the major brands Asus, Lenovo, Dell, HP, MSI, Acer, etc have good laptop models.

However some models have issues with cooling.

So when you buy the model with top of the line CPU and GPU with all the "bells and whistles" you might experience problems with throttling.
This would mean your laptop will be forced to "downshift" ie use slower frequency when overheating.
This is more of an issue with Intel CPUs but also high end GPUs affect this as well.

New Laptop suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back