• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New-ish to MQ2 and awaiting new Rizlona Server, do you guys use MQ/VV with ISboxer? (1 Viewer)

Goose_Herder

RedCents
339¢
Hi,

So I've used MQ2 in the past, back when you had to download the source and compile it yourself, but this was more for messing about, wasn't interested in the actual hack stuff like ghost killing/no delay etc as I didn't want to risk my accounts. I didn't really get much done apart from setting up a simple heal macro for myself but if i'm honest I stopped using it pretty quickly after i set it up as i was concerned i would be found out and have my accounts banned as back then it seemed like MQ2 was much more reviled than it is now (at least that is how I perceived it to be)

I've played multiple characters since 2005 or so, mostly just used WinEQ2 to do this and continued with that until a couple of years or so ago when I finally checked out ISBoxer, which is pretty awesome, especially in driving from one character without having to switch windows for simple stuff, which does get a bit exhausting using WinEQ2 only.

However, as I've looked more into what you guys do, it does seem like this is something I'm interested in (awaiting confirmation this will be 'allowed' as such on Rizlona) as it does appear this is more or less OK to use from DPG point of view, but I'm not sure if both this and ISBoxer would be needed.

I will admit I'm interested in using kissassist to help out. I'm planning on a 6 box on Rizlona and whilst you can do some decent stuff with ISBoxer, it does seem there is much more you can do with what you guys are offering.

So, my actual question is, do you guys still run ISboxer as well as MQ2/VV, or do you find that you only really need MQ2/VV? I'm thinking about subscribing prior to Rizlona launching so I can see about getting all set up on Live so I'm ready to go when it does launch, but I'm not sure if I need to be looking at both of these in tandem, or if I'm best off using this only.

I will say that I don't use a lot of the features of ISboxer, I only really have some simple broadcast macros set up and have my windows set to be stacked on each other and I do still do quite a bit manually by switching windows, especially when things are going south, but I would prefer to do most stuff on my main (which will be a SK) rather than having to switch windows etc.

I use isboxer for windowmanagment and character specific .ini files.

Its well worth it imo.

I dont use broadcasting or other isboxer features.

Hi,

So I've used MQ2 in the past, back when you had to download the source and compile it yourself, but this was more for messing about, wasn't interested in the actual hack stuff like ghost killing/no delay etc as I didn't want to risk my accounts. I didn't really get much done apart from setting up a simple heal macro for myself but if i'm honest I stopped using it pretty quickly after i set it up as i was concerned i would be found out and have my accounts banned as back then it seemed like MQ2 was much more reviled than it is now (at least that is how I perceived it to be)

I've played multiple characters since 2005 or so, mostly just used WinEQ2 to do this and continued with that until a couple of years or so ago when I finally checked out ISBoxer, which is pretty awesome, especially in driving from one character without having to switch windows for simple stuff, which does get a bit exhausting using WinEQ2 only.

However, as I've looked more into what you guys do, it does seem like this is something I'm interested in (awaiting confirmation this will be 'allowed' as such on Rizlona) as it does appear this is more or less OK to use from DPG point of view, but I'm not sure if both this and ISBoxer would be needed.

I will admit I'm interested in using kissassist to help out. I'm planning on a 6 box on Rizlona and whilst you can do some decent stuff with ISBoxer, it does seem there is much more you can do with what you guys are offering.

So, my actual question is, do you guys still run ISboxer as well as MQ2/VV, or do you find that you only really need MQ2/VV? I'm thinking about subscribing prior to Rizlona launching so I can see about getting all set up on Live so I'm ready to go when it does launch, but I'm not sure if I need to be looking at both of these in tandem, or if I'm best off using this only.

I will say that I don't use a lot of the features of ISboxer, I only really have some simple broadcast macros set up and have my windows set to be stacked on each other and I do still do quite a bit manually by switching windows, especially when things are going south, but I would prefer to do most stuff on my main (which will be a SK) rather than having to switch windows etc.

Welcome back to MQ2, we're lucky to have you!

You won't find any of the active stuff here - just stuff that will help you multibox and some serious Quality of Life stuff that daybreak has neglected heh.

most folks don't use isboxer in any capacity - a few of us do (i do), but i don't use most of the stuff you would think - I enjoy the virtualized ini files (which is unnecessary with @Denethor Awesome Guide HERE), I also use it to have control-alt-1, control-alt-2, as well as borderless windows - but that's it

These days with mq2eqwire I don't even use any isboxer cpu management - I leave them no cpu management, and have my eqclient.ini set to -1 for all instances of CPUAffinity and let mq2eqwire handle the rest.

I've multi-boxed in eq and eq2 since `99/`00 in some capacity or another - manually for the majority of it. with the reliability of MQ2, I have *zero* need to visually see my background characters, and rather enjoy being able to just look at my one character and play the game that way.

I have several videos in my signature and on my youtube of me doing various things with VeryVanilla - might be worth checking out if you're curious.

Best wishes!

Hi,

I use ISboxer mainly for the window management and it's a godsend. I have all my toons in their own small window at the top of the screen with namebars on so I can see who is who. I just have to click on the small image of their screen and the swap to the main window is practically instant. I disable the cpu management as I use MQ2Eqwire, the virtual ini files are always very handy. I don't use any of the broadcasting stuff.

screen.png

Last edited:
I use ISboxer mainly for the window management and it's a godsend. I have all my toons in their own small window at the top of the screen with namebars on so I can see who is who. I just have to click on the small image of their screen and the swap to the main window is practically instant. I disable the cpu management as I use MQ2Eqwire, the virtual ini files are always very handy. I don't use any of the broadcasting stuff.

View attachment 21362

Which UI is this?

Which UI is this?

It isn't any UI, it's default apart from a few windows I made myself. Well actually I think I got the buffs/song window from eqinterface but I made the group window, player window etc.

Untitled-2.png

The rest is just the way I've arranged and locked the windows.

Thanks for the speedy responses guys, ended up watching the beginners guide videos (probably should have done that first!) after posting this, I personally think the auto login and being able to hail/talk to NPC's all at the same time would be worth the sub alone for me. The being able to set up macros to control all chars from one would replicate the functionality from ISboxer I'm currently using and using the eq2wire plugin linked would sort the cpu management out too.

The navigation plug in blew my mind though, gonna have to give that a go as I don't quite believe it could work!

I've got some time off this weekend, so think I'm gonna check this out on Live, even if it's not available on Rizlona, it's definitely interesting enough to have a play about with.

Gonna check out your vids next Sic :)

Thanks for the speedy responses guys, ended up watching the beginners guide videos (probably should have done that first!) after posting this, I personally think the auto login and being able to hail/talk to NPC's all at the same time would be worth the sub alone for me. The being able to set up macros to control all chars from one would replicate the functionality from ISboxer I'm currently using and using the eq2wire plugin linked would sort the cpu management out too.

The navigation plug in blew my mind though, gonna have to give that a go as I don't quite believe it could work!

I've got some time off this weekend, so think I'm gonna check this out on Live, even if it's not available on Rizlona, it's definitely interesting enough to have a play about with.

Gonna check out your vids next Sic :)

Just gifted you a month of Level 2 access. Enjoy your stay :)

Oh wow, thanks, very generous of you!

I've already subbed however, I got a little excited and wanted to check some stuff out, so I'll pay it forward when I can :)

Had a quick play about, got my autologin set up which is awesome, spent about 20 minutes in PoK selecting people from the find window and running to them via the nav plugin, giggling like an idiot whilst doing so!

Gonna have a good look at kiss assist tomorrow, see how that all works, maybe power level a couple of extra chars to see how a full group works etc.

I think i'm going to be using the eq2wire plugin too, as that seems like a no-brainer, but not sure if I'll need to bother with separate eq installs, or virtual eqclients.ini if using that as if it stops the draw calls until you make the window active, then it should help keep the load down, but guess I'll find out tomrorow!

I use ISboxer with MQ2 and wouldn't think of doing it any other way. The window management that ISboxer has is probably the best you'll ever get. The ability to virtualize the eqclient.ini, allowing you to have custom game settings for each character is incredibly useful vs running multiple installs or being forced to use identical settings (volume, keybinds, graphics, etc). Mouse and keyboard broadcasting comes in handy.

I primarily use IsBoxer for window management. I have a laptop that I play on and I change screen configuration quite a bit so I just have different profiles for how I want to play that day.

Most of the time I want to see all my characters at once and IsBoxer manages that all for me.

I also use both VV and ISBoxer. I had used ISBoxer for years before getting involved with MQ2.

I had ISBoxer fully configured using dedicated pass-thru keys which trigger hotkeys on a specific hotbar page on each client. It takes time to configure and is not anywhere close to the functionality of VV but it serves as a good fallback. On days when the game gets patched you will be unable to use VV for several hours after the servers come back up. With ISBoxer I continue to play (at a reduced effectiveness for sure).

Another good time to use only ISBoxer is when you are playing around other people and you don't want to expose your usage of VV. It's easy to tell a VV user by simply the buff count on a player. No human player ever has their buff window kept fully populated once they leave POK or the Lobby.

I also use ISboxer for the window management because I array the background characters on a 2nd monitor. The virtualized eqclient.ini files help a lot too. Each character can use different models and graphics settings.

And I use MQ2EQWire and have turned off CPU management in ISBoxer. That said, I think ISBoxer still helps with nearly instantaneous window swapping. Plus my fingers have learned the Ctrl+Alt+Number method of switching characters and I can do it in my sleep.

Finally, I find the Key Repeater option invaluable in ISBoxer. For example, my casters have Melee=0 set as default. This is to help hide the usage of VV MQ2 to anybody watching my group. Because it's pretty obvious when you have a full caster group doing melee that it's automated. So my INI files default to no melee. However when I'm in an instance and I think about it, even while engaged with a mob I'll hit the key repeater in ISBoxer from my main tank which I'm driving and I'll type /meleeon 1 and just like that all my characters begin to melee for the duration of that session.

(Over time I add these kinds of operations to my main driver's hotbars by using the VV MQ2 EQBCS option. Create a hotkey on the main driver that does /bcga //meleeon 1 and it will accomplish the same thing with a single mouse click! But it takes time to learn these VV MQ2 shortcuts.) This just displays that almost everything ISBoxer currently does has some counterpart in the VV MQ2 universe, it's just that I already knew how to do it in ISBoxer so why change?

Isboxer is redundant with the right MQ2 setup, I used isboxer for years, then a friend turned me on to a mq2 build, at that point I never went back to isboxer, eventually finding my way to Redguides and the rest is history

As others have said, I use ISBoxer for window management and .ini and let MQ2 handle everything else (broadcasting, CPU, etc).

I have used ISBoxer only once, and it was the free one week trial. It was awesome, but I didn't want to add another subscription to my list. If it were cheaper or had alternatives to look into I would be more inclined to indulge. Honestly I have always just kinda pushed through inconvenience when it came to boxing. I used to load every character individually, input account info individually, refer to a big list of accounts/passwords/character names written down on a notebook.

It wasn't until just recently that I tried MQ2AutoLogin for loading characters, was blown away by how easy it is. In the same THREAD I got a good run down of how to use MQ2Nav properly which again changed how I played EQ since forever (usually just /bcg //stick 1, to keep everyone right on top of my main character so I can navigate us through tight areas).

All that said, once MQ2AutoLogin was configured you can set up hotkeys to switch between windows pretty efficiently. I use my numpad numbers to flip through characters with relative ease. I can't actively see my other characters windows the way I can with ISBoxer, but that's okay. If I need a quick look at what's going on with everyone I can roll through everyone with a simple 1,2,3,4,5,6 ->1.

So from the sounds of this thread ISBoxer which I just started using is good for the windows but MQ2 is better for the rest? I did not want to pay for 2 programs if I did not need to but was trying to see which one worked better for boxing now days. For someone that has not played around much with boxing games which one would you all say is easier to use?

looks like a database failure, hopefully sorted out soon
INI:
[UPDATE] The cause of the current issues was a database service failing and causing a cascading failure across all worlds.
The team is currently working on killing the remaining processes and bring them back up.
We will be doing a root cause analysis after the current issue is fixed.
We are looking at an ETA of about 2.5 hours but will be unlocking the servers as soon as we're up.

So from the sounds of this thread ISBoxer which I just started using is good for the windows but MQ2 is better for the rest? I did not want to pay for 2 programs if I did not need to but was trying to see which one worked better for boxing now days. For someone that has not played around much with boxing games which one would you all say is easier to use?
It's not a comparison. They are 2 different programs that do 2 completely different things. MQ2 does automation, full blown, plays the character for you while you watch netflix. ISBoxer is specifically designed around zero automation. Everything it does requires you at the keyboard pushing buttons. You can setup isboxer to do multiple things for a single button press, but you must be pushing buttons or it does nothing. ISBoxer is also game agnostic, meaning it works in WoW, Eve Online, and many other MMOs. Together though, they make a very powerful boxing platform for Everquest.

Question - New-ish to MQ2 and awaiting new Rizlona Server, do you guys use MQ/VV with ISboxer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back