• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New Expansion! (1 Viewer)

Wow. if thats what people are going to look like, I think the creators of this expansion are on something.

Well it's the first expansion that isn't called something 'OF' something. That makes a change.

Oo I'm excited. I'll have to delete a character to make room for one of those adorable dragon things...

/fends off the incoming bad redcents

yeay nothign like buying 4 copies of an expansion. I wonder if Sony will offer anything if you buy it in the store?

solar said:
yeay nothign like buying 4 copies of an expansion. I wonder if Sony will offer anything if you buy it in the store?

I'm sure they will. Like another fucking mount.

The war horse was kinda nice and it freed up a little money that I had stashed in my horse.

Newplayer race: The Drakkin have been created from human and dragon blood to protect the future of all dragon kind.

umm how did that work and can i watch?

:p

Looking at my old map that came with Scars of Velious ( yeah I have bought the boxed copy of all expansions of Everquest since Kunark ), it shows the Serpent's Spine to run between Rivervale and the Desert of Ro.
I always dig out the old map to see if the new expansions are on it,, as it still has many areas labeled but not in the game yet.

They said it will be available in september and only via digital download, so most likely no rewards, since that was only put in to make vendor sales increase.

I highly doubt they will make it digital download only. The reason for that is because this next expansion will be able to level you from 1-75 IN the expansion alone (atleast that's what they are marketing.) This will most definately be a boxed expansion due to that fact alone. This expansion is a ploy by Sony to gain more subscribers to EQ1.

Perhaps this expansion is an attempt to cut into Vanguards upcoming release.

majin1970 said:
Perhaps this expansion is an attempt to cut into Vanguards upcoming release.

Expansions are the cream at the top of the EQ butter churn. They make a LOT of money off of those expansions, from the actual box themselves to the inevitable re-subs that happen with cancelled players seeing what it's like, then getting re-hooked. They release them at semi-regular intervals, so the expansion itself is probably not a reaction to Vanguard's pending release.

However, the choice to create a race and starting city and up the level limit might have been choices of desperation in order to get and try to keep as many subs as possible in the face of Vanguard's release.

whitedrakkinfemalehairhornspat.jpg

whitedrakkinmale2hairsm6nz.jpg

There's a lot of speculation on the drakkin, so I thought I'd give you their background here and show a couple of concepts. The drakkins are dragon-touched humans. They retain most of the their human physical attributes and take on traits of the dragon that created them -- like unique runic patterns of scales on their faces, chests, arms, and legs. Some vulnerable parts of their bodies take on some scale qualities but they are subtle and difficult to distinguish from normal skin. The drakkin also get small horns on their foreheads in a variety of arrangements. No tails, no wings. They have created amazing armor for themselves as well. Because their skin is scaled in some areas, like their sides and ribs, their armor is built around it, revealing their scale patterns underneath. We'll get some of that concept art up soon.

There are six dragon parents that create six types of drakkin, identified by color -- blue, black, red, green, white, gold. Each drakkin reflects their parentage in the color of their hair, draconic scale patterns, and horns. As you can see, they are more human than dragon with a regal beauty.

Here is the drakkin background:

After Venril Sathir's curse was released into the Nest and destroyed the dragon eggs, it was clear that the future of dragonkind was in danger. With the next generation of dragons lost forever, Veeshan's bloodline was in jeopardy. Six dragons who were children of the Nest proposed a plan to their elders -- the creation of a race to protect dragons and the Wyrmqueen's bloodline, something they had seen done once before.

The six dragons were scoffed at by the elders of the Nest, but they were so adamant with the idea that the elder dragons ordered their exile so their ideas would not gain a foothold. To the elders, it was unthinkable. The six left the Nest and ignored the decree of the elders. They settled in the nearby Serpent Spine Mountains to carry out their plan to create a new race to protect the existence of Veeshan's bloodline on Norrath. They would create a race of dragon-touched humans and call them Drakkin which means “Dragon Child” in the language of the elders.

They called themselves the Circle of the Crystalwing, defining themselves as the future of dragonkind. The six dragons in the Circle: Venesh the Greenblood; Draton`ra, Master of the Void; Keikolin, Bringer of Enlightenment; Mysaphar, Seeker of All; Atathus the Red Lord; and Osh`vir the Windspirit.

In human form, the dragons traveled to Freeport and combed through the taverns and inns, looking for the right humans to suit this new race. The honorable dragons found many who sympathized with their plight and plans and agreed to help right the wrongs that mortals inflicted on dragons of the Nest by unleashing Venril's curse. Many humans considered it a great honor. The darker dragons were not so willing to negotiate and simply took the human subjects they desired. Each human taken was touched by the magic of a single drop of dragon’s blood across their cheek.

In only a matter of months, the dragon-touched humans began to experience changes, a coming-of-age that became known as the Awakening. It is then that the latent strengths they inherit from their dragon bloodline surface and they have a burning desire to better understand them. Their hair takes on new texture and color – the same color as the dragon who touched them. Parts of their skin show small, toughened scales, and runic patterns representing their new race began to show on their face, torsos and legs – all in the color of their dragon progenitor. Delicate horns appear in patterns on their foreheads. They are the essence of beauty to most who see them.

As their new traits develop, the drakkins yearn to meet their parents. They find themselves on a pilgrimage into the Serpent Spine Mountains. Their final destination is the ancient abandoned ogre city of Nokk, now alive with drakkin who call it Crescent Reach.

As they enter the Dragon’s Grove of the great stone city where their parents await them, their human past is lost forever. It is from their parents that the drakkin learn their purpose – to live and grow stronger to protect the future of Veeshan's bloodline on Norrath. With their new identity affirmed, their drakkin life truly begins.

New Expansion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back