• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New Accounts Created Too Quickly Flag EMail (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,106¢
RG Team,
We know that if we create a bunch of EQ accounts together, they get flagged for extra security, etc. Does anyone know how to get a group of say 6 accounts up and running without hitting this flag? Can you create 2 at a time a week apart, or...?
I'm thinking of creating a new team on a new email and I want to avoid flagging and stay under the radar!
Thanks!

I am sure there are flags that can be tripped by creating a bunch of accounts from the same IP. However, I want to say that I did create about 30 accounts in February of this year within a 2 week period from 3 different IP's and that was to get around the daily limit more than I was trying to circumvent any security measures. The biggest thing I think I did to help keep these accounts from being flagged for security is that I didn't level them right away. It was after Anniversary started that I leveled them to 20 to do the Drunkard Stein quest, then it wasn't until the July 4th weekend, with the bonus experience that I leveled them all. I understand that when leveling a group, that isn't ideal to wait, and I don't think you have to wait as long as I did then.

Let me give my most recent example. A couple of months ago, I created 4 accounts and only 4 from a single IP. I created them on Thursday, leveled them to 85 by Sunday and on Monday I got the 2 factor message about suspicious activity and increasing security on the account. Two days later, I created 4 more accounts from the same IP, though different from the first 4 accounts. I didn't level them until this past weekend and did almost exactly the same thing in leveling them to 85 over the weekend. It is now Friday, I have continued to level them during this bonus and still have not been asked to increase the security of the accounts.

Maybe I am way off base and I am sure others will have different experiences, but hoping this information may help.

The limit seems to be 5 per 24 hour period. I would recommend just being patient and doing 5 a day until you have the number that you want, rather than trying to circumvent the restrictions and risk getting closer scrutiny.

some folks will create a few on their regular computer, and then create the remaining 2-3 on their phone using mobile data (not wifi) and that seems to work alright.

the limit varies, sometimes people will say they can't make more after 3, sometimes 5, etc

Sounds like (based on Homie's examples) there is a combination between the number of accounts created and the speed of leveling. Does that sound right, or does my tin foil hat have a gap somewhere?
absolutely don't think there is anything to do with the speed of leveling.

if you make multiple accounts in the same day, after a certain number it will not let you make any more until tomorrow.

It was 5 in 24 hrs but i created 4 a few weeks ago and they flagged them to add a phone #. I created 4 more last week so far nothing. What i did different was i created 2 on one PC and 2 on another and logged into the launcher to create the toons on the same PC i created the accounts on.

I def think something is tied to the PC you're creating them on and logging on the 1st time on where you have to agree to the user agreements etc you have to do that once after that you never have to use the launcher again. When I created 4 on the same PC and 4 on my phone it flagged them all about a week later. You can use a VPN all you want you're not hiding who you're. They know your hardware ID.

It was 5 in 24 hrs but i created 4 a few weeks ago and they flagged them to add a phone #. I created 4 more last week so far nothing. What i did different was i created 2 on one PC and 2 on another and logged into the launcher to create the toons on the same PC i created the accounts on.

I def think something is tied to the PC you're creating them on and logging on the 1st time on where you have to agree to the user agreements etc you have to do that once after that you never have to use the launcher again. When I created 4 on the same PC and 4 on my phone it flagged them all about a week later. You can use a VPN all you want you're not hiding who you're. They know your hardware ID.

I thought this too, create accounts on different machines and when you click accept on the eula in launcher being the key thing to do on different machines, but it didn't work for me recently so it's hard to know, it did work before for me though.

I do think it is something to do with the /played time being built up after creation, like if you create 4 character across 2 pc's, and leave them logged in, they will all get kicked and require 2fa after a few days time. So maybe create the accounts on different machines and leave them for for a while.

I was wondering if it might even be a human intervention thing like a GM just goes through the list of new accounts every week and flags any he thinks are suspect, a load with same email, sequential usernames, high /played etc, I dunno, could be too many accounts for this to be reasonable.

Hopefully not a major problem, finished off making 54 accounts recently, all on same email and about half got flagged for 2fa and I gave the same mobile for them. Can't work out the system they have in place. Suppose it's making it easier for me to be banned/suspended in one go but I don't want the hastle of a load of different emails and possibly losing access to the accounts down the road anyway. From recent suspension threads it seems really haphazard which accounts they might suspend if you were caught AFK anyway.

absolutely don't think there is anything to do with the speed of leveling.

Okay, I figured this was easy enough to test, so I did. Sunday, 10/17/21, I created a single brand new account. I didn't create multiples to try and not trip a multiple account flag. I leveled this account from 1 to 92 and logged Sunday night. It is now Tuesday and there is no problem with suspicious activity or two-factor authentication.

In conclusion, as usual, Sic is right. If there was a flag from speed of leveling, I think this account would have tripped that flag.

I've set up, on 2 occasions in the past 2 months, 6 new accounts (for a total of 12) on Rizlona. Creating the accounts are no problem, I did 6 in about 15 mins each time, including setting up secret question, subbing via CC (as TLP) and verifying my e-mail (all from the same PC and same e-mail)

Each time, once I'd levelled them to 65 in around 20-25 hours of /played time they all got disconnected at the same time and I had to set up 2 factor authentication for them. The other 12 accounts I have on Rizlona on the same e-mail I've not had to set up the 2 factor authentication. 1-65 in 20-25 hours isn't anything crazy on live (and not really that crazy on TLP either) so could be different thresholds based on server? Just seems strange it happened when both groups got to 65. The last lot I just did this week were also split into 2 separate groups as I was using decent tanks and DPS in the groups to help them level and still got disconnected at the exact same time.

Probably nothing, but I feel there is something that's tripping it as 'suspicious behaviour'. Only thing that's suspicious is I want to give you more money DPG!!

The single account I created and described above is still okay and not flagged. Maybe its a combination of things. Like william12, when it happened to me, it was 4 accounts that had all reached 85 and next day, 2fa message. I just don't want to test it again with 4 accounts :)

So mixing it up a little. I havent had a new account flagged for 2fa in a few weeks. What i've done different is never created more then 4 accounts using the same email. Once i created the level 1s i waited a week to level them. I also only created 4 accounts every 72 hrs.

Back in May 2008 there was a short time when you could get a free lvl 85 character, but if you all ready had an account it wouldn't work. with trial and error a step by step guide was made to bypass how the game checked to see if you all ready had an account. I'm wondering if the same steps can be taken when you create new accounts that would get around the check.
1. changing ip address each time
2. find and delete any file named "accountloginname.characters.ini" or "randomnumbers.character.ini" in the everquest dir.
not sure if it will work but worth a try.

Back in May 2008 there was a short time when you could get a free lvl 85 character, but if you all ready had an account it wouldn't work. with trial and error a step by step guide was made to bypass how the game checked to see if you all ready had an account. I'm wondering if the same steps can be taken when you create new accounts that would get around the check.
1. changing ip address each time
2. find and delete any file named "accountloginname.characters.ini" or "randomnumbers.character.ini" in the everquest dir.
not sure if it will work but worth a try.

This is just an auto flag system they put in to stop bots in other daybreak games like planetside.

RG Team,
We know that if we create a bunch of EQ accounts together, they get flagged for extra security, etc. Does anyone know how to get a group of say 6 accounts up and running without hitting this flag? Can you create 2 at a time a week apart, or...?
I'm thinking of creating a new team on a new email and I want to avoid flagging and stay under the radar!
Thanks!
Two Different PC's, Two different IP's (VPN) work well for that, and two different emails. You can get up to 8-10 that way before the flags start dropping

So I leveled 8 accounts to 85 in the last 48 hrs. 4 were created a week ago, 4 were created 2 days ago. The 4 that were leveled the day they were created were flagged to add phone # the other 4 were not. It seems leveling or just staying on them the whole time after creating them flags them within 2 days.

So I leveled 8 accounts to 85 in the last 48 hrs. 4 were created a week ago, 4 were created 2 days ago. The 4 that were leveled the day they were created were flagged to add phone # the other 4 were not. It seems leveling or just staying on them the whole time after creating them flags them within 2 days.
You'll probably also get a GM visit on the flagged ones. Similarly to your scenario, these were the ones where a GM swung by to visit...so keep an eye out.

So more testing done on over 100 + accounts created. It defintely has something to do with leveling them right away or being on them leveling for 24-48hrs. Every account that I waited 3 + days on to level did not get hit with 2fa. Any account i level right away does.

So more testing done on over 100 + accounts created. It defintely has something to do with leveling them right away or being on them leveling for 24-48hrs. Every account that I waited 3 + days on to level did not get hit with 2fa. Any account i level right away does.
This was my original assumption when I did the 4 accounts that got flagged for me, but then I did the one account by itself, on 10/17, to level 92 in the first 12 hours after creation and it still hasn't been flagged and we just passed a month on it. Maybe it's a combination of multiple accounts and speed of leveling? Otherwise, I can't figure why my single account didn't get the flag.

I never heard of GM's monitoring how fast someone gets leveled and get flagged , is that even a thing ?

What happens if you legit power leveled ?
it would be highly unlikely there is just a person who's 9-5 is to sit and monitor these things, but we do know that they do have some automation in place for new accounts - some people have gotten autobanned from making a new account and instantly buying a krono from marketplace

Question - New Accounts Created Too Quickly Flag EMail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back