• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New AA's in The New Expansion (1 Viewer)

morlock

RedCents
0Ā¢
New AA's in The New Expansion---> MOVE TO HELP PLZ!

Any one of you beta testers know about the new plugins in the latest expansion? Someone needs to spill the beans

Last edited:
They are not listed in the Beta.

The only reason why I signed up for beta was to get the AA list.

FWIW

This new expansion sucks BALLZ. The graphics are sub-velious quality and most zones are caves type zones, very ugly and dark.

Think Paludal Caverns and POI merged into one shitty expansion.

Nothing new here. Just more AA's, the cool growing feature for items, and better items.

My experience with the expansion is shitty as well.

Some zones you'll go into where shit is green, then in the next room, shit is red and kos to all races, to level 70!

Some zones have green mobs then you zone over and mobs that hit for 1800 sit near the entrance.

It looks incredibly shitty and I probably will not plan on adventuring there.

However, the shrouds are uber!

8214 Greater Rabid Bear
that'll make the shaman throw fits lol. and yeah.. so far im not too impressed with the whole expansion. Like it was mentioned above..the mob level irregularity is just out of whack at the moment. Like one moment..youre in SoS scouting some blues..then bam!

[Wed Aug 23 06:42:37 2005] a twitching bonewalker bones rattle as it mindlessly charges.
[Wed Aug 23 06:42:42 2005] a twitching bonewalker was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:42:42 2005] A twitching bonewalker hits YOU for 1489 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:42:42 2005] a twitching bonewalker was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:42:42 2005] A twitching bonewalker hits YOU for 662 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:42:42 2005] A twitching bonewalker hits YOU for 1489 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:42:44 2005] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Wed Aug 23 06:43:57 2005] You have entered Stoneroot Falls.
[Wed Aug 23 06:44:09 2005] a witheran feeder slithers forward, fangs bared.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:09 2005] a witheran feeder was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:09 2005] A witheran feeder punches YOU for 583 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:09 2005] a witheran feeder slithers forward, fangs bared.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:09 2005] a witheran feeder was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:09 2005] A witheran feeder punches YOU for 165 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:09 2005] a witheran slithers forward, fangs bared.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A witheran feeder punches YOU for 472 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] a sonic blood thirster was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A sonic blood thirster bites YOU for 528 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] a witheran was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A witheran punches YOU for 165 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] a sonic blood thirster was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A sonic blood thirster bites YOU for 304 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] a witheran feeder was hit by non-melee for 20 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A witheran feeder punches YOU for 695 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A sonic blood thirster bites YOU for 639 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] a sonic blood thirster squeaks as it brings down its opponent.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:10 2005] A sonic blood thirster bites YOU for 695 points of damage.
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:11 2005] You have been knocked unconscious!
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:11 2005] You have been slain by a sonic blood thirster!
[Wed Aug 23 06:46:14 2005] Returning to Bind Location, please wait...

Thats some fast happening crap man lol

did you honestly expect sony to do something right for a change? come on LOL remember who we are talking about here. New expansions server only one purpose. To blind us all briefly from all the other hundreds of existing in game problems that they are too stupid to fix. I can't imagine how nice eq would actually be if they took all the money the wasted on eq2 and the past 2 expansions and actually put it to good use.

Personally have any expansions make you think "holy shit, this is nice?" haha this is SOE... all you can expect is 50-100 pointless aa's, assload of bugs, lots of patches.

Only thing i care about is.. they 1 better have some nice high end raids. something that makes OMM and Vishi look like Quarm. and some hopefully usefull aa's, basiclly something to do rather than the same shit that we are doing now. :)

One thing i can say that i do like. is the 2 sets of hotkets 12x2 buttons. and the fact that you can save hotkey settings like you can spell sets. other than that. it looks just like just a normal expansion thats going to be really buggy.

well it appears that some of you must have bad graphics cards or something... i think the graphics are great... think of the upgrades to lavastorm... there are however too many caves (although not as dark as described above to me).. My opinion on mob counts atm is fekked repop timersa... i was in 1 zone and kept getting a message that warned me of an upcoming repop... I thiunk SOE may have increased mobs and repops due to numbers (anticpated that is) in the zone... I was in a raid in another of the zones... we had 16 people in raid, all level 70 cept 1 chanter (67)... we did great and dropped a named... the aug that droppeed was very niced too... now the evolving items... i find it very very pointless to give a ranger an evolving MELEE weapon that ONLY fits in the range slot... WHY OH WHY cant i use my bow to test the evolutions SOE?

I so Hope the dam thing is buggy lol i am ready to take full advantage of any little bug i or anyone else finds(that wants to share of course) I should be playing the beta atm but i havent even tryed it yet or downloaded it for that matter lol

Well it depends on how the Evolving items actually go to live. But as it stands, if you betabuffed a midlevel toon and get a low level evolving item, you could transfer that to a high level toon, level the item in a span of 10 min, and transfer it back to the lower level toon. Gimp..yes.. will it go live..who knows.. all i know is this expansion is pretty lame.

Here is a level 70 ranged item.. Evolved from level 1 to 3

evolvingitem9sj.jpg

Dont know yet... in beta you just hail Old Man Thorrin and ask for the item and he will give it to you at the first rank... no clue as if its going to be dropped, quested, etc. yet.

Hot off the press I saw this and had to share it with you folks :p (Sorry for the size of it)

So thereā€™s this strict nondisclosure agreement about the DoDh beta. I agreed to it, sure. But then I also told the landlord the rent would be on time this month, and I told myself about 700 AAs ago that I was going to cut back on EQ.

I tooled around, played with some mobs, etc. etc, but you donā€™t care about all that. You want to know what AAs are coming, and really thatā€™s all I wanted out of the beta myself.

Iā€™m sure some of these are going to be tweaked, removed or replaced, but as per what I saw as I created a toon of each class, here they are.

All Classes

Old Faithful

Only works in the Guild Hall. Upon zoning in, if you become trapped in an AFK toon, activating this ability causes a geyser to erupt beneath the offending party that plasters them against the Guild Hall ceiling and leaves them hanging there like a chandelier. The second rank of this ability leaves them hanging there like a piƱata.

Advanced Alcohol Tolerance

This ability enhances the effects of being drunk. The first rank allows you to do property damage with your horse. The second rank makes you think youā€™re a really good player even if you totally suck. The third rank logs you into a Shadowhaven hotel room, smelling of troll and blissfully ignorant as to why thereā€™s a ball gag in your face slot.

Methodology of the Cheese

This ability, when turning trader mode on, automatically searches for the lowest price listed for any item in your trader satchels, then lowers your price by exactly one plat.

Omission of Idgaf

This passive ability affects people you only hear from when they want to lord some uber new piece of gear over you. Upon linking the item, itā€™s deleted from their inventory.

Warmth of Yesteryear

This ability adds soft lighting, sappy music and chirpy birds every time you click on some bank-clogging piece of junk you havenā€™t worn since Dervs were good exp.

Hoarding Efficiency

Five ranks. Each rank increases by 10 the number of AA points you can bank.

Day of Rest

This ability makes the Creator unavailable for 24 hours.

Transmit Ignore

This ability adds your targetā€™s name to the ignore list of everybody on your friends list thus saving them from ever having to go through what you just did.

Eyes of Archie Bunker

This ability makes all players that merged to your server appear on your screen as 1940ā€™s European immigrants. The second rank allows you to voice emote, ā€œAw, jeez. Wouldja look at that.ā€

Eyes of Genghis Khan

For players who were merged from their native server to another, this ability sends you a message every time a worthwhile target pops in any zone. Second rank summons a flock of seagulls that voice emote ā€œMine mine mine mine mine mine mine.ā€

PAL/SHD/WAR

Unification of Church and State

If there are two or more clerics in your group, this ability gives you control of all of their spell bars, guarantying you that at least one of them is going to heal.

Clarion Call of Vindication

This ability displays your failed taunt messages to the entire group.

Garden Hose of the Furious

This ability summons an Avatar of Walther Mathau that chases off swarm pets before they can push the mob so far out of position itā€™s agroing people in an adjacent zone.

BRD/MNK/NEC/SHD

Gift of Spock

This ability lets you know where any mob will warp to.

Gift of Picard

This ability renders you bald, so youā€™ll no longer pull your hair out when a named youā€™ve successfully navigated halfway across MPG gets pasted by a group heading for trials.

Gift of Lucas

This ability will make your group eagerly await your next pull, no matter how atrocious your last pull was.

BER

Call of the Lonely

This ability influences other berserker mains to join your guild so youā€™ll no longer feel like your only brethren are twinks.

BRD

Fires of Remembrance

This passive ability causes intense bursts of pain in your wrists if you even think about disrespecting /melody.

Pay Your Dues

This ability allows you to remove /melody from twink bards.

Cultural Awareness

This ability explains why, in troll illusion, the animation for percussion songs involves rubbing the drum into your armpit.

BST

Central Park Lure

This ability makes your warder so cute it allows you to strike up conversations with women.

CLR

Divine Empathy of Repetition

This ability instils in players of other classes a sudden feeling of having worked on an assembly line for forty years, endlessly pressing the same three buttons over and over again, without ever being fully appreciated for assuming, full time, this monotonous task.

DRU

Return of the Cabbage

This ability appends all your spellsā€™ names with ā€œof the Cabbage.ā€ Cā€™mon, you miss it. You know you do.

ENC

No Room at the Inn

This ability allows you to mez the puller.

MAG

Summon Balls

This ability allows you to conjure a pair for the raid force that spent six hours setting up and now wants to call it quits without engaging because the 12k tank logged off or one of the chanters is LD.

MNK

Extended Faking

Allows you to fake paying attention, fake caring, and fake orgasms.

NEC

Bone Daddies

This ability summons a trio of skeletal bards that will play Parisian style Jazz and choke the air with opium smoke until all the mobs in the area of affect are wearing berets and growing short, pointed goatees. Mobs thus affected can still be killed, but theyā€™ll be cool with it.

PAL

Lay on Feet

This ability kicks you in the a$ every time you burn your LoH one tenth of a second before the CH lands.

RNG

Sneaky Enhancement

This ability allows your buffs to hide behind other buffs when people are trying to click them off.

ROG

Laundering

This ability allows you to remove all the totally worthless rubbish from your guild vault and put it in another guildā€™s vault.

SHD

Farm Touch

This ability compels the target to run out and copulate with the first barnyard animal they can find.

SHM

Exploitable Cannibalism

This ability summons a film crew and a South American soccer team.

WAR

Magnanimity of Hate

This ability allows you to 100% lock a mobā€™s agro on the player that keeps taking it from you. Second rank makes all mob agro lock on target player until they zone. Third rank locks agro until the account expires.

WIZ

Wardrobe of Artillery

The first rank of this ability provides Illusion: Trebuchet. You become a towering but rickety catapult that lobs gigantic boulders at the target. The second rank makes you look like a B-52 Bomber. The third ranks says, ā€œAh, f--- it,ā€ and turns you into a mushroom cloud.

Group/Raid Leader AAs

GROUP/RAID

Find Path to a$

This ability creates a glowing golden path to a drama queenā€™s nether region so he/she can pull their head out of it.

Lesson of Tom Sawyer

This ability allows you to delegate all LAA abilities to another member of the group or raid, letting them feel all cool that they get to designate MT and stuff, while you relax and hog all the leadership experience.

RAID

Spirit of Friday the Thirteenth

This ability summons a hockey-mask-wearing, machete-swinging Avatar of Jason Voorhees that immediately slaughters any players cybering when they should be paying attention to the raid.

Natural Selection

This ability permanently bans the account of any player who pops a Jester of Bristlebane during Trial of Corruption.

Bankerā€™s Hours

This ability randomly locks and unlocks the raid so that people think youā€™re at your keyboard.

Let My People Go

Each rank of this ability allows you to increase, by one, the number of players allowed into an instance.

Last edited:
Pay Your Dues

This ability allows you to remove /melody from twink bards.

i SO want that lol. even tho i dont use melody.... i still rekon melody should have been an aa not an ability lol

i sware if i cud do this i would be the only good bard in my guild instead of all the other fudging bots who just af the cleric in grp and play songs omg

New AA's in The New Expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back