• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Need melee auto assist macro (1 Viewer)

hotdog

RedCents
I have torn through all of the threads here and none of them have the kind of macro I am looking for. I am not looking for anything extremely complicated...I just don't know how to code this stuff myself. Here is what I am looking for:

A macro I can run for any melee class that will assist a specific toon, automatically lock onto (and automatically follow) the mob they are assisting on, start attacking when the mob is at 90% health (I can adjust that parameter as needed), then when that mob is dead constantly monitor the MA's target window to spring into action the next time another mob is down to 90%.

Here is what I am doing. I have a Druid buffing and healing a tank in FH. I also have a Monk and a Bard in there trying to level at the same rate as the tank. I am using the Monk Hunter macro with the tank to automatically lock on to the next mob that is up in the area, follow it around, attack it, kill it, rinse, repeat. The Druid automaticaly heals the tank and rebuffs him as the buffs fade (among other things). All I need is a simple macro that I can load for the Monk and Bard as I outlined above.

Any takers?

Not tested but try this. Target tank and run.
Beware uses warp
Rich (BB code):
sub main
	/echo Assist macro started
	/declare Tankname string outer ${Target.CleanName}
	:loop
	/if (${Target.Distance}>20) /call movetomob
	/if (${Target.Distance}>50) /call move
	/assist ${Tankname}
	/delay 2s
	/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}&&${Target.PctHPs}<90) {
		/call combat
	}
	/target ${Tankname}
	/goto :loop
/return

sub combat
	:combatloop
	/if (${Target.Distance}>20) /call movetomob
	/attack on
	/face fast
	/assist ${Tankname}
	/delay 2s
	/if (${Target.PctHPs}>98) /return
	/if (!${Target.ID} || ${Target.Type.Equal[Corpse]} || !${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) {
		/return
	}
	/goto :combatloop
/return

sub move
	/declare strcurrent int inner 0
	/squelch /warp target
	/varcalc strcurrent 180 - ${Target.Heading.Degrees}
	/face fast nolook heading ${strcurrent}
	/squelch /warp dir 5
	/face fast nolook
/return

sub movetomob
	:loop
	/if (${Target.ID} && ${Target.Distance}<=200) {
		/face fast
		/keypress forward hold
		/if (${Target.Distance}<=10 && ${Target.ID}) { 
			/keypress back
			/face fast
			/return
		}
		/goto :loop
	}
/return

This worked quite well for my Bard and Monk. I tinkered a few things like distance and special attacks (like the ability to perform a flying kick...I tore that out of Monkhunter and added it in here). I also injected a /stick 10 behind to offset my tank's push.

The only thing that did not work was the toon automatically jumping on the mob when it got to 96% health. It didn;t even acquire the mob. So, I threw in:

/assist Tank
/delay 5s

I figured 5 seconds was more than enough time to let the tank get agro.

Otherwise, this code helps a lot when botting 3 melee classes with a healer. Thanks!

Couldn't find lazytank either. Is there a way to remove the warp from this? I stay as far away from warping as possible. Somethin like this though would be great for me, as I have a necro I kite with. I also have a ranger that I usually just put on autofire to help kill a target, but with somethin like this, he could melee the mob as I kite it, and that would kick all kinds of ass.

goto www.macroquest2.com

donate 10 bucks to become VIP if not already one

setup per instructions for melee is really easy

and run
worked great for me no problems with melee at all casting ont he other hand took a little working out of some thoughts.

Thanks Edud! Will try that the next time I am in 69.1! And thank you also for the advice, Guide. Don't know why I aint already a member there, but that is easily rectified.

bama75 said:
Couldn't find lazytank either. Is there a way to remove the warp from this? I stay as far away from warping as possible. Somethin like this though would be great for me, as I have a necro I kite with. I also have a ranger that I usually just put on autofire to help kill a target, but with somethin like this, he could melee the mob as I kite it, and that would kick all kinds of ass.
try this ltank.mac (short for lazytank.mac)

Need melee auto assist macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back