• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need help with getting puller to pull mobs within range (1 Viewer)

RedCents
51¢
I have my warrior pulling in tempest temple, but she will ignoremobs that are within range. She seems to have a few spawn locations she will pull from, but ignores the rest. I try to work the goblin/ naga area in tempest temple

Below is the .ini file and at the bottom I have pasted in the info.ini for pull and ignore mobs

[General]
KissAssistVer=11.004
Role=Tank
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=35
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
CharInfo=Warrior|110|GOLD
DPSMeter=1
MiscGemRemem=1
MiscGemLW=0
DefaultUI=TRUE
ScatterOn=0
ConditionsOn=0
XTSlot=1
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=NULL
Buffs2=Blade Guardian|Me
Buffs3=Brace for Impact|Me
Buffs4=Champion's Aura|Aura|Champion's Aura
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
PowerSource=NULL
BuffsSize=20
BuffsCOn=0
[Melee]
AssistAt=100
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=50
AE1=Pain doesn't hurt Rk. II|2
AE2=Last Stand Discipline|4
AE3=Resplendent Glory|2
AE4=Armor of Darkened Runes Rk. II|2
AE5=Hold the Line|3
AE6=Flash of Anger|4
AE7=Rage of the Forsaken|2
AE8=Projection of Fury|3
AE9=Warlord's Tenacity|8
AE10=Warlord's Fury|3
AE11=NULL
AE12=Pain doesn't hurt|1
AESize=10
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=1
DPS1=Insult|100|Mash
DPS2=Tormenting Shout|99
DPS3=Phantom Aggressor|100
DPS4=Cyclone Roar|100
DPS5=Calculated Strike|20
DPS6=Stormwheel Blades|95
DPS7=Knee Strike|99
DPS8=Gut Punch|99
DPS9=War Stomp|99
DPS10=Rampage|95
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=Imperator's Precision|99
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
DPS16=NULL
DPS17=NULL
DPS18=NULL
DPS19=NULL
DPS20=NULL
DebuffAllOn=0
DPSSize=20
DPSCOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Phantom Aggressor
Aggro2=Knee Strike
Aggro3=Gut Punch
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
Aggro6=NULL
Aggro7=NULL
Aggro8=NULL
Aggro9=NULL
Aggro10=NULL
AggroSize=10
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Warlord's Tenacity|35|Me
Heals2=Warlord's Resurgence|50
Heals3=Resplendent Glory|75
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
XTarHeal2=0
HealsSize=5
HealsCOn=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
CuresSize=5
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=1
Burn1=Last Stand Discipline
Burn2=Hold the line
Burn3=Projection of Fury
Burn4=Resplendent Glory
Burn5=Imperator's Precision
Burn6=Warrior's Bulwark
Burn7=Unflinching Attention
Burn8=Warlord's Bravery
Burn9=Armor of Darkened Runes
Burn10=Fundament: Third Spire of the Warlord
Burn11=Mark of the Mage Hunter
Burn12=Wars Sheol's Heroic Blade
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
BurnSize=15
BurnCOn=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Conflagrant Longbow|Ethereal Arrow
MaxRadius=700
MaxZRange=190
PullWait=1
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=50
ChainPullPause=180|1
PullLevel=0|0
PullMeleeStick=0
UseWayPointZ=0
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullPause=180|1
PullArcWidth=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup
GMailOn=0
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
GMailSize=5
[KConditions]
ConOn=0
CondSize=5
Cond1=TRUE
Cond2=TRUE
Cond3=TRUE
Cond4=TRUE
Cond5=TRUE
[KissError]
LastCMD:=/endmacro
ErrorDateTime:=07/25/2019 14:50:05
ErrorMsg:=NULL
DataError:=NULL
SyntaxError:=NULL
RunningTime:=1423780
BuildDate:=20190721
CurrentUI:=Default

info.ini
[Tempest Temple]
MezImmune=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToPull=a sea goblin warrior,a sea naga stormcaller,a sea naga evoker,an ocean serpent,an ocean caller,a sea goblin shaman,a coral serpent,Aquinus,Scalithid the Deepwalker
MobsToIgnore=a druid circle,a red coral plant
MobsToBurn=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. Beget Cube,Helias,Raze or NULL
PullPath=Place holder for path file. Not yet impletmented.

Are you starting them as a PullerTank? "/mac kissassist pullertank" ? The ini has the default role as Tank which would only attack mobs inside the camp radius or that have aggro on the group.

What messages do you get in the MQ2 window when it skips the mobs. Does it say like "no path exists" or just "looking for mobs"?

Pulling with MQ2nav? Mesh of the zone loaded? "/nav reload" to check. You'll get those messages when you start KA. If either isn't happening, then you'd default to line-of-sight pulling only.

The mobs it's skipping, I'm assuming their names are on the MobsToPull info.ini list? If you switch that to =ALL does it start pulling them? That could indicate a typo in the names.

Are they close to the 700 max pull range from camp? Sometimes KA will select a mob to pull that is inside the pullradius, but the actual run path via MQ2Nav is longer than 700 so KA will start running, hit the max run length and return to camp.

Try switching to pull with "melee" or one of your aggro combat abilities. Bow should work, I use it to pull on my warrior, but I do find in some camps with lots of obstacles the warrior wastes time kind of stair-stepping up to mobs that are pathing around a little bit. You can also play around with this PullRadiusToUse=90 (percent of item/aa/spell's range to get within) setting to try to get closer if you're seeing that stair-step issue.

Are you starting them as a PullerTank? "/mac kissassist pullertank" ? The ini has the default role as Tank which would only attack mobs inside the camp radius or that have aggro on the group.

I am using /mac kissassist pullertank

Pulling with MQ2nav? Mesh of the zone loaded? "/nav reload" to check. You'll get those messages when you start KA. If either isn't happening, then you'd default to line-of-sight pulling only.
I have tried remeshing the zone and reloading the mesh
The mobs it's skipping, I'm assuming their names are on the MobsToPull info.ini list? If you switch that to =ALL does it start pulling them? That could indicate a typo in the names.
I have tried using the all, but it tries to pull mobs on the other side of an impassable wall
Are they close to the 700 max pull range from camp? Sometimes KA will select a mob to pull that is inside the pullradius, but the actual run path via MQ2Nav is longer than 700 so KA will start running, hit the max run length and return to camp.
The mobs are well within the distance as they can be walked up to and smashed, or shot from the /camphere loc and pulled to the camp
Try switching to pull with "melee" or one of your aggro combat abilities. Bow should work, I use it to pull on my warrior, but I do find in some camps with lots of obstacles the warrior wastes time kind of stair-stepping up to mobs that are pathing around a little bit. You can also play around with this PullRadiusToUse=90 (percent of item/aa/spell's range to get within) setting to try to get closer if you're seeing that stair-step issue.
I have tried with the pullwith=melee and with taunt or bash and the same occurence happens

Well you could try setting pullarcwidth=180, then face your tank away from the wall you don't want to pull from. Adjust angle/arc needed for the camp. Then turn on =ALL and see if it grabs the mobs.

Could also turn on the visible mesh, "/nav ui" and checkbox "render navigation mesh" You could invis up and check the mesh around the un-pulled mobs. Maybe their spawn islands not fully mesh'd or something so KA can't find a path.

Another thing would be to move camps, maybe the other side of the mobs completely and see if the same camps are still un-pullable.

If you still can't pull them and have =ALL on, then it has to be something about the nav path not working for those mobs.

You can try playing around with the sliders in the Mesh Editor and see if you can get it to map the whole islands, or at least a path up on each. You can also use the manual editing to paint sections in. I'm not an expert on how to do it, but that's what you'd need to do.

Have you tried the pre-made meshes from one of the download packs?

Is there no solution for this issue? I typically have this same problem.

I usually stand on spawns, and when those mobs spawn, my group just stares at them and does nothing for 20 - 30 seconds. Any way to make them immediately attack?

Depends on your ini I guess?
if you have assist at 99 and the mob never gets to 99, they wont do anything
if you dont have MA/MT set in EQ AND the macro/plugin not much is gonna happen.

all in the INI settings I guess...

Question - Need help with getting puller to pull mobs within range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back