• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Need help with categories for the macro forum (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,986¢
Pronouns
He/Him
My goal is to make the macro forum easier to browse via clickable prefixes. You can view all macros in the entire forum, or click a "category" and it will filter out the rest. Similar to how our bazaar forum works.

What do you think about six clickable categories applying to every thread in the macro forum?

ini
Utility
Trades & Skills
Combat Bot
Request
Question
Guide
Strategy
Snippit
Bug
Idea

Should we make them more or less specific?

We can also have subcategories. For example:

Rich (BB code):
ini
utility
   bazaar
   safety
   stats
   maps
   alerts
   other
Trades & Skills
   alchemy
   baking
   brewing
   fishing
   fletching
   jewelcraft
   make poison
   pottery
   smithing
   spell research
   tailoring
   general
   other skill 
Combat Bot
   heal
   tank
   dps
   pull
   class-specific
   everything
   other
request
question

Also, KISS is getting its own forum with the following categories:

ini (class) (level)
question
idea
snippit
strategy
guide
bug (kiss version)
KISS Release

I'm open to any ideas!

Last edited:
I don't think the sub-categories are necessary given the amount of macros out there. I like the broad categories as they are, but add a snippets and/or and include category. Maybe also a macro announcement section (kind of a stretch, but in case people want to announce what they are working on to ask for feature requests... probably not necessary I realize the more I try to explain it....)

The include category could be a good idea, especially for macro writers. Do snippets really need their own category though? They wouldn't be better off in a major category? We could have a minor categories of "snippet" in each section.

The include category could be a good idea, especially for macro writers. Do snippets really need their own category though? They wouldn't be better off in a major category? We could have a minor categories of "snippet" in each section.

That's true. I was thinking of one section that was both includes and snippets though since they are essentially the same thing. However, having a snippets and complete macro minor category for each major category could be an option. Or something like that.

I might add a Mac/plugin Guide section to the list.It would be just like the plugin list you have now t. But when I need help with EQBC, I look in that sub forum. Putting the KA guides in here might also be good.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about this a little more and wondering if an AFK section might fit. Some of he posts I've been interested in are the ones that include AFK tips, locations, and macs. AFK Scouting Ahead mac, plat/gear/TS farming macs, etc.

Request - Need help with categories for the macro forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back