• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Need help with Bardswap (1 Viewer)

rawwar

RedCents
20¢
I am running a new Bard and am having a little problem with Bradswap...

I have an .ini file loaded and have never had problem with other Bard (all mainhand instrumrnts) but this one uses all offhand intruments and a mainhand weapon. I can get it to load the instruments just fine and the weapon without instruments but cannot get them to swap over. I will inculde .ini file and don't bust a gut at the instruments but its hard starting out ....

[Settings]
Horn=/exchange "horn" offhand
Drum=/exchange "hand drum" offhand
Lute=/exchange "lute" offhand
Wind=/exchange "wooden flute" offhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "defenders lightblade" mainhand
Delay=21

Any help would be appreciated ....

If I remember right, you can only use offhand instruments with nothing in the main hand. So you actually need a multiline argument for each instrument to unequip the mainhand then equip the instrument... Same with the Weapon swap, I think.

Someone should be able to write this better.. but...

Horn=/multiline ; /unequip mainhand ; /exchange "horn" offhand

and for the weapon

Weapons=/multiline ; /unequip offhand ; /exchange "defenders lightblade" mainhand

And you would need to add a third part to each instrument and the weapons line if you want it to swap in the offhand weapon. (Is that defenders lightblade spelled right?)

OK after getting dual weild the problem of offhand went away but now I have a new problem .... if I am running bardswap melee with the following .ini file everything works great except .....

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=/exchange "horn" offhand
Drum=/exchange "hand drum" offhand
Lute=/exchange "lute" offhand
Wind=/exchange "wooden flute" offhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "defenders lightblade" offhand
Delay=21

When the weapon swaps into the offhand I would like also to drop a weapon into the mainhand at the same time for dual weild capabilities I assume I need the multiline again but have tried all kinds of combinations and have not found on the would put my lightbland in offhand while putting another weapon in my mainhand at the same time... while my hand to hand is now great I am missing out on a lot of damage using single weapon ...

Could someone please help me with this its driving me nuts.

Oh ya finally got some good gear so what is in the .ini is not important it is different anyway and I can handle that part.

OK after a lot of reading finally got my .inin working well with duel weild here is the ini file

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=/exchange "Name of your horn here" mainhand
Drum=/exchange "name of your drum here" mainhand
Lute=/exchange "name of your lute here" mainhand
Wind=/exchange "name of your wind instrument here" mainhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/multiline ; /exchange "singing short sword" mainhand ; /exchange "silk handled hammer" offhand 

Delay=23

Last edited:
Crystane said:
Heya is Bardswap broken or what? it does nothing for me and I have all setup correctly, plugins all loaded. there anything beside mq2bardswap nd mq2exchange and a correct ini needed???

thx for any help Crystane.

Nope bardswap is working great and bardswap melee also ... if you need will send my .ini file ... I do have to load it everytime I log on though...

you load the plugin /plugin mq2bardswap
then you activate it /bardswap
you get a response that says "singing" disabled usually and bardswap ::on

to use /bardswap melee load /bardswap first then load /bardswap melee it works best that way.

To stop it just type /bardswap again

DO NOT DO /bardswap on <<<<<<<<

SEE post about 4 above for ini with duel wield working

Need help with Bardswap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back