• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Need help if you can - When some one sends you a tell on another toon (1 Viewer)

ironeagleeric

RedCents
Hey guys I was wondering if there was a macro or set up that will let me know on my main screen when someone sends a tell to any of my character I'm boxing. I remember not to long a go, I had all of my toons join a channel, and if someone sent a tell it would show me in the channel.

For the life of me I can't remember how I did that! Any help would be great! I'll red cent ya too if you can help!!

Thanks

Iron,
I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but I'm certain you could include a chat event in your macro that takes text from a tell box and copies it to a specific channel. Has anyone gotten back to you? I started writing my own macros recently and if there aren't any other takers, I can take a stab at this for you.

In response to VillageIdiots post. If you have VIP Access on Macroquest2's forums look up this. Here is a snippit from that post. This is the plugin he is talking about.

Rich (BB code):
//  Please Do Not Distribute Without Authors Consent.

/* MQ2Relaytells.cpp v3.1000
   Plugin created by Sadge
   Please do not distribute without my consent.
*************************************************************************************
| This is a simple plugin created to relay every incoming tell to EQBCS.         |
| In the MQ2Relaytells.ini file, you can change ChatChannel=/bc (default) to      |
| anything you want.  For example, if you wanted to relay the tells to a character   |
| named Sillytoon, you'd change it to ChatChannel=/tell Sillytoon.               |
*************************************************************************************

That exactly what I am looking for! If you could make that a plugin for me that would be great! Red cent for you as well! I don't have vip access over there. I would greatly appreciate this!!

If your toons are using macros you can drop in this snippet.

#chat tell - Goes above your events in the macro.

/tell MyToonName - change that to wherever you want the message to go

Rich (BB code):
#chat tell

Sub Event_Chat(string ChatType,string ChatSender,string ChatText)
	/if (${ChatType.Equal[TELL]} && ${ChatSender.Left[1].Compare[ ]}<0) /varset ChatSender ${ChatSender.Right[-2].Left[-1]}
	/if (${ChatType.Equal[TELL]}) /tell MyToonName <TELL> [${ChatSender}]: ${ChatText}
	/return

Need help if you can - When some one sends you a tell on another toon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back