• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need a bit of help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
812¢
Okay, I'm in search of a probably stupid question here.
I'm trying to setup my shaman for the spirit fades mission. I play on my SK, and I need my shaman to run to grakaw, do his buff or heal or cure and come back.
So my first simple attempt is this:
Page8Button7Line1=/dex shaman /shm pause on
Page8Button7Line2=/dex shaman /tar Grakaw
Page8Button7Line3=/dex shaman /nav target
Page8Button7Line4=/dex shaman /useitem fabled blackflame sphere
Page8Button7Line5=/dex shaman /shm pause off
It's probably immediately obvious to most of you what the problem is, the shaman starts casting on the way to the target.
How would I wait until the nav is over to begin casting?

check various macros, i forget which ones have, /If ${Navigation.Active}, don't cast,

Actually, maybe you can look into shards.mac or alaran.mac. looking for the nav.active

where are you fighting at - i cast right from my camp and never move the shammy
im right about in the middle area he is in and have no problem casting

I'm trying to setup my shaman for the spirit fades mission. I play on my SK, and I need my shaman to run to grakaw, do his buff or heal or cure and come back.
It's probably immediately obvious to most of you what the problem is, the shaman starts casting on the way to the target.
Make it into a LEM instead to make use of:

Lua:
 if not mq.TLO.Me.Moving() and mq.TLO.Spawn('Grakaw').Distance() < 20 then

Make it into a LEM instead to make use of:

Lua:
 if not mq.TLO.Me.Moving() and mq.TLO.Spawn('Grakaw').Distance() < 20 then
Good idea, I was thinking about this a bit last night at work also. I've got some other lems to copy from.
I assume the trigger could be something as simple as just sending the shaman a tell.

Edit to answer the above. I fight at zonein to avoid the ae's.

Good idea, I was thinking about this a bit last night at work also. I've got some other lems to copy from.
I assume the trigger could be something as simple as just sending the shaman a tell.

Edit to answer the above. I fight at zonein to avoid the ae's.
I don't know anything about the encounter as I refuse to purchase NoS. However, couldn't the trigger be based off a buff/debuff on the target? Is it an event? Condition?

Last edited:
this really needs to be a Lua script.

or you have to have some /timed in there

otherwise, this eq hotbutton just all gets executed at the exact same time

also for multi-worded items, use quotes /useitem "fabled blackflame sphere" otherwise if there was a "fabled awesome blueflame sphere" in your inventory it would use that first as without the quotes it would just be matching the first word, in this case "fabled"

Question - Need a bit of help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back