• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Navigation question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
when i start up navigation it asks me to find the everquest folder which i can but im not finding \Macroquest2\Release anyone else have this issue? Sorry more of a gamer than a programmer LOL if thats a dumb question but i really cant find it and i cant get navigation to actually work. puller still faceplanting into walls.

Yes i can find the compile DLs when i look on my PC but the box that pops up when i start navigator does not show this file even when you follow the same path. I can find my MQ2 folder in desktop when i select it says that its an abnormal selection. I can see that the plugin shows navigation as if its working but i don't believe it actually is. So fine. ok i can get it to work. i must be able to find mesh files for all the old zones and i can just put them in the folder... nope... cant find them anywhere and its like no one ever asked the question when i do searches so i must be missing something very simple. its all very strange LOL been at this for hours and hours. there is no way my puller is doing anything bu8t picking a straight line to target and if a walls ina way he will just face plant it. Would there be an issue because im on ragefire?

don't confuse line of sight with basic navigation, there is a knack to placing your puller in the right spot to avoid most obstacles in any given zone.

I have never found mesh files for older zones. I also gave up and just created the default folder C:\MacroQuest2 that navigation was looking for.....and put all my compiles in there. Seems to work ok now in the newer zones that Red's has the mesh files for download.

after trying for DAYS and even weeks trying to get a mesh to work in morell's castle I finally unloaded mq2navigation and now I pull with LOS and all is perfect! I bet I rebuilt the mesh using 200 variations of settings and none worked.

Question - Navigation question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back