• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Named + Adds problems (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,804¢
Here is the problem I'm having. I've been AFK'ing in a few locations in Shard's Landing. Snakes and Dogs. Typically every time a named mob pops I get an add. When my PullerTank gets back to camp it seems like he almost always targets the non-named mob first. This makes life really hard as the named mob is un-mezzable. So he ends up having to tank both at the same time which can be tough even with a slower, cleric and backup healer.

Anyone have a solution to this? In a perfect world my PullerTank would know to always target the named/unmezzable mob first, then work through any adds. Even if he just started with the highest level mob and worked to the lowest it would make life a lot easier. I could definitely step up the camps I AFK at if I could find a work around.

Thanks in advance Kiss Community!

Rob

I had the same problem in BD, but I could still pimp my SK to handle adds.

That wont be so easy in SL I guess, so I hope there is a solution, cause SL is only one step away for me and cotf raid gear is no option for me hihi

Rough glance at some older version of KISS seems to have some additional checks that would cause what you are describing based purely on proximity. You could try the following change and see how it works:

change:
Rich (BB code):
                        /if (${Spawn[${AggroTargetID}].Distance}<${MeleeDistance} && ${Spawn[${HighestLevelID}].Level}<${AddsArray[${i},2]} && ${Spawn[${HighestLevelID}].Distance}<${MeleeDistance} && ${Spawn[${AddsArray[${i},1]}].Distance}<=${Spawn[HighestLevelID].Distance}) /varset HighestLevelID ${AddsArray[${i},1]}

To:
Rich (BB code):
                        /if (${Spawn[${HighestLevelID}].Level}<${AddsArray[${i},2]} && ${Spawn[${AddsArray[${i},1]}].Distance}<=${MeleeDistance}) /varset HighestLevelID ${AddsArray[${i},1]}

Pete I'm looking at this code (unfamiliar with this language) and I see these comments

| If adds and AggroTargetID is in camp radius then grab highest level mob to kill first.
| If AggroTargetId not in camp radius grab closest target

Which makes me think that it already is coded to do exactly what I want. I'm wondering if some wonky pathing is causing the named to show up a bit later and by that time the tank is committed.

Maybe my camp radius needs to be bigger?

Hmm. Well I'm trying out your code now, not sure exactly what it does lol. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Rob

Pete I'm looking at this code (unfamiliar with this language) and I see these comments

| If adds and AggroTargetID is in camp radius then grab highest level mob to kill first.
| If AggroTargetId not in camp radius grab closest target

Which makes me think that it already is coded to do exactly what I want. I'm wondering if some wonky pathing is causing the named to show up a bit later and by that time the tank is committed.

Maybe my camp radius needs to be bigger?

Hmm. Well I'm trying out your code now, not sure exactly what it does lol. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Rob

Yes, it is supposed to do what you want already with the exception that it checks radius and chooses the closest so that if you engage the pet first, it will stay on pet until the higher mob is closer. if it engages named first, it should stay on it. I use a different schematic and algorithm in my macs. Basics are: mob level + 10 if named + 10 if mez immune - 25 if pet + 5 if root immune = priority. Then I just have it select the highest priority. I could write an include to do a function like that for KISS, but maskoi would need to allow custom sections to run or you would need to code it in yourself. Or I could write a TLO member to do it, but then youd have to use whatever plugin i put the TLO member in.

As reiteration with all my KISS posts, i don't nor have ever used KISS, I am only referencing the code when I make these statements and recommendations. I could be providing bad info because I dont have all the variables and am not seeing it in action.

You know you want to use Kiss. Go ahead and try it everyone is doing it.
lol, im sure it is a fine product based upon all the users and their feedback. I have my own bot and plugin and already rarely play. Aint nobody got time to be testing other bots with my already full plate =P I havent actually exped in months. Only log in to test things then log out.

Question - Named + Adds problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back