• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Name changes (1 Viewer)

Ohappy

RedCents
Hey there I was wondering if anyone has an idea about making a plugin that would flag characters for name changes.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of transfering items across accounts/chars. Being from a server that has been merged I know characters can be flagged without a GM/guide actually plugging it in.

Only way is to move to another server, but before doing so create a character on a different account with your name on your new server.

If its on the same account the gm's will not do the change.

but that does not change your name, that puts in a request for you to be able to change it. The request still has to go thru all the proper channels and people in order for it to happen. The command is simply you asking to do it. A GM still has to come along and change it if it is approved.

I'm pretty sure thats not true.. I've used it on several chars and its instant, I figure it goes through the filter like in normal name creation.

i may have been wrong on that i guess. It has never been instant for me and a gm has always come to change it for me. Surname is instant if it passes the filter, but your first name has never been instant for me.

After the server merges they had a command in place that was isntant if your character's name was taken on the server you merged with. That command doesn't work now though, it was a limited time.

Name changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back