• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

myst online? (1 Viewer)

notyntheface

RedCents
i was reading about how 'uru: ages beyond myst' is online and that people pay 9.95/month to play. has anyone actually tried this? why can i not seem to fathom ever wanting to play myst online with other people. i just cant see how it would work in an online space.

anyone have any experince or more than 5 minutes worth of reading knowledge about the game? how does the system work? is it a series of puzzles that require others to solve? do the puzzles change for each person? can i pvp and be a druid or do i just have to be red mage and roleplay my nature-love?

I have the game Uru and I enjoyed it. I tried the online for free when it first came out and it was.... lacking content. It was shut down a couple months later because the servers couldn't handle the load and even still there wasn't that much interest apparently (I think people logged on, saw unstoppable lag and then left for good). I didn't know they brought it back.

I remember when I was like 10 I saw the Myst box and was like "Wow this looks rad!" then played it and was like "Hey this is really fucking dumb time to go eat a lot of candy so my future self will hate me in retrospect!"

Fuck you, Myst, Fuck you.

hmm..i consumed much more candy in eq waiting for my mana to regen.

mor, did you create an avatar? and what was the intended content that ended up lacking? how excatly did you 'progress' in the game? how was the communal aspect intrinsic to the game?

i imagine it just like:

/tell mordicius hey do you know how to solve the bricks puzzle, ive worked on it for 30 seconds and i cant figure it out, thanks

mordicius tells you: 3, 2, 1, 6, 4, 5

/tell mordicuis ah cool thanks...lets be friends!

/friend mordicius

/tell mordicius hey how do i solve the stair puzzle after the bricks...it looks hard....

Okay well Uru is a unique game. I really enjoyed it, though I know many that didn't. Basically Uru tries to make connections between the Myst games/books and real life. (If you ever read the Myst novels, they're written as like a narative of events connecting real people to the Myst world)

So the game starts out with you in the Arizona desert. You get to create a character with a nice bit of cusomization. (More than MMORPGs, but just slightly less than Oblivion iirc). You go into this crag-like crevice and find a book. It takes you to a floating isladn in the clouds called Your Relto (your home away from home). From there, you can go to four different worlds and explore and solve the mystery. There was a free expansion to the game (I never got a chance to play). And in these worlds, doing certain tasks got you special pages to your Relto book that could customize your little floating island.

When I tried Uru Online, I logged in for about 20 minutes, ran around the town trying to talk to people but all anyone was saying was "OH MY GOD THE LAG IS SO BAD" and I couldn't find anything out from anyone. I gave up and never played again.

Oh yeah, the basic story has a lot to do with the D'ni people (who they were and what happened to them). it had a lot of potential... almost makes me want to go back and play it again.

... almost makes me want to go back and play it again.

go...play...report!

i want to know how the game mechanics work but im bad at the internet.

i searched for 'uru online' but i missed a 'u' in the name and found this:
JFRMUr.jpg

appearantly its 'ur,' an ancient egyptian game. and im guessing this is the 'online' version since thats what i searched for...

im not sure where the mouse or the screen or the fun is, but if theres one thing the ancient egyptians knew, its was how to have a good time (although 'bury their dead' would be a close second).

myst online?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back