• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - My missing spells plugin or macro (1 Viewer)

Fueil

RedCents
909¢
Hello all!

While I do not have any real coding skills (if any), this is an idea I thought up, that could really help. I am willing to help collect data for this by going through spells, locations, npc names, and spell check. The idea for the plugin (thinking probably more a plugin) or macro would be that of spells, more importantly targeted at finding what spells are missing from the spell book, and where to find spells that are missing (including research). This may target TLP servers more so than that of live servers, but this can also assist for those who are newer players and 85 heroic characters.

I have a few more details on this idea that could also make it more friendly and easier to command, but as I said i'm not coder, just thinking this could save a lot of time from going to ZAM, EQresource, or P99. I feel a very basic command to show what you're missing up to current level, or search for levels beyond. We all like making things easier on us, and I thought this would be another way of doing just that.

Thanks all, I appreciate any feedback or if any Devs want to pick this up and run with it, like I said i'm willing to help on this.

Fueil

Like if its a plugin I'm thinking like /plugin MqMMS = My missing spells. Then a command like /MMS options would pull up, following a command of /myspells it would then list all the spells missing from the book, then locations of where those spells can be by era. For instance like Calm animal Gfay, commons ect. Or if you'd like to look for spells /spelllevel 25-35 would show you a list of the same I just described. At least that's kind of what i'm thinking.

After reviewing the /outputfile missingspells it does show what level spell and name of spell missing. That's great sure, but I don't really see that being as helpful, say as what I described. After loading that command clicking on the text file, I would then have to take that information and go to another site for that information zam ect. I'm not saying my idea is the end all be all, I'm just looking at it being a more simplified way of finding said missing spells, having all of their perspective zones listed, and future spells listed in game. I am just looking at a few less steps if its right there in game by command versus still taking three steps, down to just a single command.

Once again, I am no coder, nor do I pretend too be. If the interest for this project isn't there, I understand. Was just something I thought up, and that's that.

Either way, I appreciate the feedback and those who have read about it.

Fueil

Getting what is missing is the easy part. It's getting and coding in manually the location of every spell, tome, etc.

One could be given a single location on where to find an item, but chances are things are found in multiple places.

Is it possible? Sure. Once created and brought up to date it would be relatively easy to maintain, requiring only that someone update the locations for new items when they are added. (New expansions annually).

Is the information already readily accessible enough that the effort involved in creating such a plugin/macro would likely be in excess of the gain? Personally I feel the answer is yes. Someone would need only google the information on where something can be found. Websites such as allakhazam are typically a great tool for finding the information.

If someone were to develop such a product, chances are the information would derived from the above mentioned webpage.

Want to know if you are missing a spell you can use the built in output. Alternately you could iterate through each spell looking for .Level and .Name, If the level isn't 255, and the name isn't "Unknown Spell" then you can get it to output if you have something or not if it's not in the book using something like ${Me.Book[${Spell[56]}]}, if it returns a number, then you have it at the numbered index in your book. Then use that information to determine if you should output that it is missing.

Even then, doing something like that would require you go through and weed out any spells which aren't actually spells, but rather recourses or some other such purpose. This would need to be done per class.

1589841425304.png

Getting what is missing is the easy part. It's getting and coding in manually the location of every spell, tome, etc.

One could be given a single location on where to find an item, but chances are things are found in multiple places.

Is it possible? Sure. Once created and brought up to date it would be relatively easy to maintain, requiring only that someone update the locations for new items when they are added. (New expansions annually).

Is the information already readily accessible enough that the effort involved in creating such a plugin/macro would likely be in excess of the gain? Personally I feel the answer is yes. Someone would need only google the information on where something can be found. Websites such as allakhazam are typically a great tool for finding the information.

If someone were to develop such a product, chances are the information would derived from the above mentioned webpage.

Want to know if you are missing a spell you can use the built in output. Alternately you could iterate through each spell looking for .Level and .Name, If the level isn't 255, and the name isn't "Unknown Spell" then you can get it to output if you have something or not if it's not in the book using something like ${Me.Book[${Spell[56]}]}, if it returns a number, then you have it at the numbered index in your book. Then use that information to determine if you should output that it is missing.

Even then, doing something like that would require you go through and weed out any spells which aren't actually spells, but rather recourses or some other such purpose. This would need to be done per class.

View attachment 21595

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, I was just looking at something that could be a quick access in game, no leg work outside of game. I get it would be a lot of legwork looking up the spells ect, I wouldn't mind helping on it. But, if this isn't a good idea for more people to be interested in, then its okay. Mainly, my idea I was thinking was just to help contribute too the community in some way, but I get it the information is already out there.

@Fueil I am not sure if this is exactly what you want, but IHC does part of this (not druid or necro).

do this
/mac ihcinstall
/ihcstart

it will give you a list of spells that are missing.
It wont tell you where to find them though.

Request - My missing spells plugin or macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back