• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Multiple PC setup (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,020¢
Good Evening Everyone;

I have been searching around and looking for some information on using VV/Redguides to multibox 3 accounts on three seperate computers..... I know I can do it all on one pc, but I like using the three because it allows me extra options without ever leaving main Driving char.

I can't really find any info.... maybe I'm not putting in proper search criteria.... Does anyone have a link to a helpful setup guide or have any "MUST KNOW" info they can share please?

Thanks alot!!!!!

Jarlentor

what *specifically* are you looking for?

some stuff (like cwtn plugins) will want "local" toons meaning same pc for buffing and such.

kiss you can use dannet instead of eqbc and it will be able to buff across network pcs

but there really isn't anything to setup outside of ensuring you have whatever communication you want, working - eqbc/dannet

I am finally in front of two pc's and going to check it out...

My understanding is that Dannet is loaded with VV..... but I just wasn't sure if I had to do some extra work.... Honestly.... I should have just attempted to try something before askin... just a bit impatient.....

Give me another half hour or so, and I'll see if I understand what I'm doing on my own..... if not.... then off to beg you for help Sic. your lucky I don't have your phone number :P hahahahaha

I am finally in front of two pc's and going to check it out...

My understanding is that Dannet is loaded with VV..... but I just wasn't sure if I had to do some extra work.... Honestly.... I should have just attempted to try something before askin... just a bit impatient.....

Give me another half hour or so, and I'll see if I understand what I'm doing on my own..... if not.... then off to beg you for help Sic. your lucky I don't have your phone number :P hahahahaha
> Dannet instructions <

Good Evening Everyone;

I have been searching around and looking for some information on using VV/Redguides to multibox 3 accounts on three seperate computers..... I know I can do it all on one pc, but I like using the three because it allows me extra options without ever leaving main Driving char.

I can't really find any info.... maybe I'm not putting in proper search criteria.... Does anyone have a link to a helpful setup guide or have any "MUST KNOW" info they can share please?

Thanks alot!!!!!

Jarlentor
As sic said what are you looking to accomplish, what are you planning to run? Kissassist, rgmercs, CTWN? Only three computers so do you want to run 3 PCs and 3 mercs? I sometimes split my group and run my tank on my laptop and the rest of my group on my main computer at night if I play in bed, but I run KA on all 6 characters and so dannet makes it simple to command them. I don't do anything particularly challenging when I do, Shei/BoA/BF missions, and the only reason I do it is I'm to lazy to unclog and relog everyone!

I'm curious what advantage do you see running on three computers? Do you play on a truebox server or you feel like you can keep a better eye on what your group is doing this way?

Oh.... also... I don't use ctwn just yet.... working on my Kiss understanding first.... been trying to understand and write my own conditions and such..... not that well versed at it yet... however, I have made some progress.

As sic said what are you looking to accomplish, what are you planning to run? Kissassist, rgmercs, CTWN? Only three computers so do you want to run 3 PCs and 3 mercs? I sometimes split my group and run my tank on my laptop and the rest of my group on my main computer at night if I play in bed, but I run KA on all 6 characters and so dannet makes it simple to command them. I don't do anything particularly challenging when I do, Shei/BoA/BF missions, and the only reason I do it is I'm to lazy to unclog and relog everyone

woops... accidently hit post....

I'm looking to play on more than one PC because I find that I have less issues with lag, and with the graphic setup.. My main PC is on a 4k monitor, and I don't like running eq in 4k natively because it it's too hard to read too many things.....
I want to stay at full screen though on the main PC, keep it at a nice 1080 and run the rest off one or two other pc depending on what room in my house I"m in.

What I'm not understanding is how to get Dannet to run through the network, so that I can work off main pc, and have it listen on second pc

Oh.... sorry sic!!!!! I did not notice the link under the quote..... I"ll click that now

couldn't figure out why you quoted and said nothing..... I see it now

I have my team split onto 3 PC's too.
ISBOXER is a fantastic tool for setting up multiple PC's- runs hand in hand with MQ.

Allows you to create a windows layout and near-instant switching, broadcasting to each instance, separate eq. client.ini files, and lots more.

Dannet works seamlessly across the network - and once you have it setup you can forget it.

Question - Multiple PC setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back