• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Multiple Eq sessions (1 Viewer)

swag

RedCents
What is the program that allows you to have 2 or more open EQ sessions running on the same machine? or if there are multiple programs which one is the best?

Thanks

WinEQ 2 is a powerful but easy to use utility designed to increase the playability, as well as falicitate multitasking and ability to run multiple sessions of EverQuest and other supported games.

Apparently this will work.

The advantage of WinEQ 2.0 (Pro, not Lite) over normal SoE/windows XP alone is the ability to use different profiles for each window with only one EQ install.

If you want to run your primary instance in 1024 and the bots in 640 in different positions around your screen you would need a minimum of 2 different EQ installs on the one PC and you would have to re-position each window each time you open it. By creating it's own INI files for each profile, WinEQ 2.0 Pro allows you to set up many different profiles, each with their own set of variables (Resolution, window size and placement, etc Even remembering the last login used for each profile) all within one EQ install.

You can get more info about it, and download a demo at the Lavishsoft website

temp said:
Well, RedDog that was a very nice explanation. You sound like a Rep from Lavishsoft.
:)
ROFLMAO No not hardly :P I've just been using the app since it was a freebie version 1. It's like MQ2 and Amex: Never leave home without em :P

Aye, there is no better program for running multiple instances of EQ than WinEQ. It is the best and will continue to be the best.

I know you asked for programs but I think this additional info will be helpful.

I run 3 to 6 accounts at one time.
Recommend the following:
Video 256mb or higher (128 is ok but more than 2 accounts it will start to slow) (this one can be expensive)
Each account is run from its own folder. You can name them Everquest, Everquest1, Everquest2, etc.
Get a second hard drive. If your motherboard (or the knowledge) allows it then set up raid0. It will give additional speed.
1gb RAM if your M/B will allow. Mine will take 2gb so that is what I have.

I use a mouse that allows me to program one of the 2 extra buttons to do the alt-tab.
If your XP will not do alt-tab with EQ go get act26.exe install it and follow directions. Google will help you get the file and instructions on how to use it.
I also use Wineq because I do not like the full screen mode.

Hope this helps.

Lady_Of_Old

Does WinEQ offer any speed/lag improvements over just the standard WinXP setup? I generally use 3 computers. Best computer has my main and 3 boxed toons. The 3 boxed toons need very little monitoring from me. I box my cleric on my 2nd fastest comp so that I can easily see who is being targeted for heals and such. This box rarely needs anything from me. On my 3rd comp (portable) I run my Enc so I can see slows and crowd control. Is WinEq worth the effort to setup on my main computer? If so how can I take advantage of it?

Seperate question that is sort of related.

You mentioned having separate folders. Can the Everquest .exe file be renamed so that when you alt-tab thru the different toons they would have different names. Like Dru/Rng/Pal/Brd instead of Everquest/Everquest/Everquest/Everquest?

That would be great!

Well Daddy I agree. I am not aware of any way to do that. This is why the programmed button on my mouse is important to me. With slight pressure from the lower part of my thumb I can click through the windows very fast. If anyone knows of a way to label the windows please do tell.

Lady_Of_Old

IamBigDaddy said:
Seperate question that is sort of related.

You mentioned having separate folders. Can the Everquest .exe file be renamed so that when you alt-tab thru the different toons they would have different names. Like Dru/Rng/Pal/Brd instead of Everquest/Everquest/Everquest/Everquest?

That would be great!
WinEQ allows you to have a different title for each window/instance so that when you tab through you can see whatever you call the window.

It also allows you to set hotkeys so that you dont have to alt tab, you can alt <mapped key1> <mapped key2> and so on

As for renaming the EXE, Dunno, never tried it.

I 6 box on one computer (256MB video card, 2 Gigs of Ram) using WinEQ and the hotkeys for the windows are very easy to use.

I always load up my group in a specific order so I know my hotkey list by memory is:

CTRL-ALT-1 = Enchanter
CTRL-ALT-2 = Cleric
CTRL-ALT-3 = Bard
CTRL-ALT-4 = SK
CTRL-ALT-5 = Beast
CTRL-ALT-6 = Mage

I never get the wrong toon from Alt-Tabbing, I just hotkey to whichever toon I need at the moment. I run them all out of a single EQ directory.

Are negative red cents completely seperate from positive ones... FOr instance if you have 10 red cents and Mr. Bozo gives out one for spite because he is still mad about another issue and can't attach the negative to the original post anymore, do you have 9 red cents or 10 red cents and 1 negative red cent. I only ask this here cuz I know ss44 has red cents (from me) and I know he has negatives ...so hopefully he knows the answer hehe Since I have never gotten either I have to ask to find out

It's like a bank account, BigD. Every time you get a Positive Redcent it goes into your bank.If someone hits you with a negative redcent, it gets subtracted from your total. So in your scenario, you'd have 9 cents.

And thanks again for another negative red cent, whoever it was. Please put your names in the comment box so I know who to thank and who not to help :D I just find it funny that I have gotten 3 red cents from the 1 that the person took from me for my first post, and I still continue to get them. Kind of ironic lol.

Multiple Eq sessions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back