• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2ShellCmd

Plugin - MQ2ShellCmd (1 Viewer)

Knightly

RedCents
18,933¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Knightly submitted a new resource:

MQ2ShellCmd - Run a shell command from inside EQ

This plugin allows you to issue a shell command from within EQ. (A shell command just meaning something you could run from the command prompt and it would work.) The process that is spawned is separate from the EQ process and can run independently after EQ closes.

The plugin keeps track of the process by letting you assign a name to it and allows you to report on the status. If you run two processes with the same name, but the first process has not been killed or exited, it will give you...

Read more about this resource...

Beyond amazing. Great work as usual. Can’t wait to put this plugin into heavy use.

Yeah, I'll probably circle back to it and move it beyond a proof of concept at some point but I have a lot I want to do first so it's pretty low on the love list.

Yeah, I'll probably circle back to it and move it beyond a proof of concept at some point but I have a lot I want to do first so it's pretty low on the love list.
Are you ok if we add it back to the repo? I didn't realize there are a few macros that rely on it. I'll leave the "unmaintained" tag just to make clear that nobody is working on this any longer.

That's fine, but which macros? You can use /exec in place of it as long as you aren't trying to check the return value.

I didn't realize it was in use.

That's fine, but which macros? You can use /exec in place of it as long as you aren't trying to check the return value.

I didn't realize it was in use.
@jande's tradeskills macro

It does not.

Well, good to know someone found value in this. :D

So, my original plan was that the shell execution portion would go away when you launched a non-shell command so that you could fully control the process. The method right now where it executes via cmd was just a temporary measure while I got some feedback on usage. I honestly didn't realize anyone was using it and I didn't have any plans to go back to it for a while.

Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2ShellCmd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back