• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2Setspell (1 Viewer)

swag

RedCents
Regarding:
MQ2Setspell: /setspell "spellname" Gem#
1-15 buffs 16-12 bard box. This works for client side only if you do /setspell conviction 1 you will get conviction on you and your hp will go up according to your inventory window, but really they don't move according to the server.
See invis, levitate, eb, and runspeed type things work.

Ok , I have been testing this one and the only one that I can get to work is Conviction however, I cannot get Wunshi's Focusing to work or StealOak Skin. Can someone post how to get these buffs to work.

One more thing, When I casted conviction on my toon the hp's went up and my health went down which makes sense cause your HP's are compressed more , but I cannot regen my health back up to the increased HP'S' that conviction gave me, my health stays at the current HPS before conviction which looks like im always low health. Why is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
temp said:
Regarding:
MQ2Setspell: /setspell "spellname" Gem#
1-15 buffs 16-12 bard box. This works for client side only if you do /setspell conviction 1 you will get conviction on you and your hp will go up according to your inventory window, but really they don't move according to the server.
See invis, levitate, eb, and runspeed type things work.

Like you stated in your post , it's kinda pointless to use any type of HP buff / Mana Buff since the effects are only client side ( makes the numbers look good but they dont mean anything!) The following are also true - stat buffs do not work ( client side only ) , Buffs with multiple words do not work - for some reason only single word buffs work. Regeneration buffs do not really work. You can however use this to find the proper spell ID number and use that. /setspell <ID#> <slot#>

Lucy Spell Database

If you look about halfway down on the right side you'll see the ID number.

*~BE WARNED!!~* Using an unknown spell ID number ( a spell ID number you don't know what it goes to ) could put a DoT on you or Nuke you every 6 secs. This is an easy way to die. Spell ID numbers also include NPC spells , so if you ever wanted to put Dragon Roar on yourself just to see what it does go ahead and find it. You CANNOT click off detrimental effects just like in normal eq. The best way to get rid of something you don't want is to overwrite it with something thats not harmful. ( I actually set up a hotkey to do this in case of emergencies. >< )

I've yet to find a buff that will alter runspeed , and works. If anyone could enlighten me , it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Option1 said:
Buffs with multiple words do not work - for some reason only single word buffs work. Regeneration buffs do not really work. You can however use this to find the proper spell ID number and use that. /setspell <ID#> <slot#>
Would putting in the spell id number work for the multi word buffs as well? I was also wondering if this works for damage shield buffs?

Here's a thought ... if you can overwrite a detremental spell, could you do it during a raid and have a macro automatically get rid of the 500pt damage per tick? Or can you only override the DoT's that you cast on your self?

Alatyami said:
Here's a thought ... if you can overwrite a detremental spell, could you do it during a raid and have a macro automatically get rid of the 500pt damage per tick? Or can you only override the DoT's that you cast on your self?

Scenario:

a) You have been plauged! (500 dmg/tick - Spellslot 5)
b) /setspell Stamina 5 (A buff you do NOT currently have, 1 word. Like Regeneration, Ultravision, Gaze)
c) Click off buff manually.
d) Suffer the effects of the dot, 500 dmg/tick
e) Wonder why you still take damage
f) Come here, read g) and realise why.
g) /setspell only affects CLIENT SIDE!

/Scenario

Alrighty, so what we learned here is that DOTs can NOT be gotten rid of by using /setspell <spell name> <slot> then clicking off that buff, or even by leaving the buff.

So, what good is /setspell if it doesn't get rid of DOTs and other such spells? Good question, /setspell is Client Side, so are effects from spells that affect Run Speed, Sight, and a few others. Root yourself, /setspell Stamina <slot>, click off Stamina, enjoy not being rooted.

I have yet to test this, but it *** MIGHT *** work.

NOTE: Pick a Buff Slot (I chose 1) and KEEP IT EMPTY! (except for the Curse)

First off, make a hotbutton:
Line1: /setspell <ID# for Remove Greater Curse> <Slot 1>
Line2: /buffblock Remove Greater Curse (Does not create an Icon normally, but using /setspell - it might)
** OR **
Line2: Use the part of Cleric Macro that automatically clicks off buffs when HP drop low enough for aggro

During a raid, where mob casts CURSE line spells, get cursed and then press the hotbutton above. If it works like I think it may, it'll cure or almost cure the Curse, depending on counters obviously. But the reason I think this may not work, is because alot of Curses have DMG associated with them, which would make them Server Side Effects...

This is the one from the cleric mac that i am using. Now, that alone I dont think will work so i am posting everything that has to do with "tricky" and you can decide what you need to use.

Rich (BB code):
|**---------------------TrickyDA Config---------------------| 
The following are HP buffs cleric will click off, in order, 
to get above 40% HP and avoid low HP aggro. Clr will then 
click off DA and resume duties, beg new buffs, etc. To 
enable, set trickyda to 1, 0 will disable 
|---------------------------------------------------------**| 
   /declare trickyda int outer 1 
   /if (${trickyda}==1) { 
      /declare intcount int outer 0 
      /declare trickybuff[20] string outer 
      /varset trickybuff[1] Virtue 
      /varset trickybuff[2] Hand of Virtue 
      /varset trickybuff[3] Conviction 
      /varset trickybuff[4] Hand of Conviction 
      /varset trickybuff[5] Focus of Soul 
      /varset trickybuff[6] Focus of the Seventh 
      /varset trickybuff[7] Wunshi's Focusing 
      /varset trickybuff[8] Talisman of Wunshi 
      /varset trickybuff[9] Protection of the 9 
      /varset trickybuff[10] Blessing of the Nine 
      /varset trickybuff[11] Steeloak Skin 
      /varset trickybuff[12] Blessing of Steeloak 
      /varset trickybuff[13] Symbol of Kazad 
      /varset trickybuff[14] Kazad`s Mark 
      /varset trickybuff[15] Symbol of Balikor 
      /varset trickybuff[16] Balikor's Mark 
      /varset trickybuff[17] Brell's Stalwart Shield 
      /varset trickybuff[18] Brell's Brawny Bulwark 
      /varset trickybuff[19] Spiritual Vigor 
      /varset trickybuff[20] Spiritual Vitality 
   } 
|-------------------End TrickyDA Config---------------------|

Rich (BB code):
Sub TrickyDA 
   /for intcount 1 to 20 
      /if ((${Me.PctHPs}<40)&&(${Me.Buff[${trickybuff[${intcount}]}].ID})) /notify BuffWindow Buff${Math.Calc[${Me.Buff[${trickybuff[${intcount}]}].ID}-1].Int} leftmouseup 
   /next intcount 
   /if (${Me.Buff[${daspell}].ID}) { 
      :waitalittle 
      /delay 1s ${Me.Buff[${daspell}].Duration}<2 
      /if (${Me.Buff[${daspell}].Duration}>=2) /goto :waitalittle 
   } 
/return

That is everything with 'Mention' of Tricky, so everything that you must change should be easy, but i would not attempt it due to my lack of script skills lol. I can change, but i cant write, yet. so have fun with it :)

Rich (BB code):
Sub Healself 
   /if (${Me.PctHPs}>${selfhealpoint}) /return 
   /if (${Me.CurrentMana} < ${Spell[${patchheal}].Mana}) { 
     /if (${Verbose}) /echo No mana to heal myself, bummer. 
     /return 
   } 
   /varcalc stophealpoint ${selfhealpoint}+5 
   /if (!${Target.ID} || ${Target.PctHPs} >= ${healpct}*1.1 || ${Target.PctHPs} <= 1 || ${Target.ID}!=${tanknameid}) { 
      /if (${Me.PctHPs} <= ${selfhealpoint}  && ${Me.PctHPs} > ${dacastpoint}) { 
         /if (${DEBUG}) /echo Target 2 
         /target myself 
         /delay 6 ${Target.Name.Equal[${Me}]} 
         /if (${Target.Name.Equal[${Me}]}) { 
            /if (${announce}==1) /g Casting ${patchheal} on %T 
            /call Cast "${patchheal}" gem2 1s CheckHP 
            /delay 15 ${Me.SpellReady[${patchheal}]} 
         } 
      } 
      /if (${Me.PctHPs} <= ${dacastpoint} && ${Me.SpellReady[${daspell}]}) { 
         /if (${announce}==1) /g Casting DA!! <<WARNING>> DA!! No Heals for 18 SECONDS 
         :retryda 
         /call Cast "${daspell}" 
         /delay 1 
         /if (${Macro.Return.Equal[CAST_INTERRUPTED]}) /goto :retryda 
         /if ((${trickyda}==1)&&(${Me.Buff[${daspell}].ID})) /call TrickyDA 
         :dawait 
         /if (${Me.Buff[${daspell}].ID}) { 
            /delay 1s !${Me.Buff[${daspell}].ID} 
            /varset stophealpoint ${defaultstophealpoint} 
            /doevents 
            /goto :dawait 
         } 
      }            
   } 
   /if (${Me.PctHPs} <= ${selfhealpoint}*0.7) { 
      /if (${DEBUG}) /echo Target 3 
      /target myself 
      /delay 6 ${Target.Name.Equal[${Me}]} 
      /if (${Target.Name.Equal[${Me}]}) { 
         /if (${announce}==1) /g Casting ${patchheal} on %T 
         /varcalc stophealpoint ${selfhealpoint}+5 
         /call Cast "${patchheal}" gem2 1s CheckHP 
         /delay 15 ${Me.SpellReady[${patchheal}]} 
      } 
   } 
   /varset stophealpoint ${defaultstophealpoint} 
/return

If you do a search on Site there are several post dedicated to this plugin. About every few months it makes a return with same question. The Main use for this plugin is to remove root/snare/blind anyhting else is really a waste of time because they are server side. Now you can also give yourself seeinvis and ultravision and EB but why waste a slot when you can just use the docrack offset for that.

MQ2Setspell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back