• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

mq2notrade (1 Viewer)

Czarman

RedCents
1,381¢
Can't remember where I found this, but shows how a Detour can be used to remove NoTrade, however clientside ONLY. So can use this in Lieu of the SharedBank Offset.

First open eqgame.h and look for this line, this changes each patch but thanks to the people at MQ who find it for us!
Rich (BB code):
#define EQ_Item__CanDrop        0x4D0030

mq2notrade:
Rich (BB code):
#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"

PreSetup("MQ2NoTrade");

#ifdef EQ_Item__CanDrop
#undef EQ_Item__CanDrop
#endif

#define EQ_Item__CanDrop       0x4D0030 /* 04-19-06 */

class EQ_Item_Detour {
public:
// ***********************************************************************************
// ******Turns all no trade items dropable. All serverside checks are still present,
//     However you can still transfer items thru the shared bank with this plugin*****
// ***********************************************************************************
   bool CanDrop_Trampoline(float);
   bool CanDrop_Detour(float)
   {
      CanDrop_Trampoline((float)0);
      return true;
   }
};

DETOUR_TRAMPOLINE_EMPTY(bool EQ_Item_Detour::CanDrop_Trampoline(float));

PLUGIN_API VOID InitializePlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Initializing MQ2NoTrade");
EzDetour(EQ_Item__CanDrop,EQ_Item_Detour::CanDrop_Detour,EQ_Item_Detour::CanDrop_Trampoline);
}

PLUGIN_API VOID ShutdownPlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Shutting down MQ2NoTrade");
   RemoveDetour(EQ_Item__CanDrop);
}

Last edited:
Yes it's trivial but you might want to think twice about fooling around with this stuff.

odessa said:
Yes it's trivial but you might want to think twice about fooling around with this stuff.

Yeah fooling around with sharedbank is a big no-no, but I think working with Detours (aside from Packets) are what the most elite programmers are using. I have been fooling around with trying to get Mq2Equip (where you can equip any item in any slot), can seem to bypass the messages that say stuff like you cannot equip, etc, but still won't let me do it (at least it does not crash though), so getting closer. Probably have to STILL send a packet to the server saying x item can go into y slot (saw Abyss's picture, says a thousand words), so it can be done.

Last edited:
Calm down children...

Stay on topic. Don't flame. Simple rules that you're unable to follow.

Czarman said:
Can't remember where I found this, but shows how a Detour can be used to remove NoTrade, however clientside ONLY. So can use this in Lieu of the SharedBank Offset.
Ok, maybe I'm missing something, and I'm sure I am (I usually do) but if it's client side only, what is the benefit? Does the ability to trade an item or not begin with what the client sees and then do a server check?

just a thought <may be way way off base> But couldnt we lie to the server side check about what were trading? instead of being Xnodrop item make the server think its any old regular tradeable item?

Jarullan said:
just a thought <may be way way off base> But couldnt we lie to the server side check about what were trading? instead of being Xnodrop item make the server think its any old regular tradeable item?

Take a guess what the server will trade in that case? This whole topic is an excercise in ....

By the way, Czarman, read up on how detours are implemented I think you are thinking that what you posted is really any different from a regular docrack hack, it's not.

All you are doing is always returning true from NoDrop function so all you need to do pretty much is change the beginning of a function to retn, so whatever the 3 starting bytes of a function to 18 xx 00

Just an FYI: I tried this with a dummy n00b char on a throw away account. Attempted to put one of the no drop startup items in the shared bank and immediately CTD. Went back in on the same char immediately - no 1018 - and the item was on my cursor.

There is a plugin that you can put any item in any slot.

So keep coding there, see if you can figure it out, becuase someone else has.

I used the plugin back in the ghost hay days. Had a rogue that was using Tacvi drops in every slot on him hehe. Some were caster only or plate only, but the plugin would allow you to equip it all. pant armor in the feet slot. Just some ideas of what has been done. Now, if you can dig up cronic I believe he was the one that had the orginal source to that. I forget where I got it from, but I know cronic was the orginal coder.

Noobhaxor

P.S. That rogue was banned. Had alot of online friends that we used to go clear VT with and even Tacvi ghosting when we could so who know what the hell he was banned for. About 5 people had his info and I was one of em. We all used him for DPS and we all were using very ACTIVE hacks hehe. Be wary, don't be messing around with this on an account you have alot of value in.

Czarman said:

First open eqgame.h and look for this line, this changes each patch but thanks to the people at MQ who find it for us!
Rich (BB code):
#define EQ_Item__CanDrop        0x4D0030

mq2notrade:
Rich (BB code):
#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"

PreSetup("MQ2NoTrade");

#ifdef EQ_Item__CanDrop
#undef EQ_Item__CanDrop
#endif

#define EQ_Item__CanDrop       0x4D0030 /* 04-19-06 */

class EQ_Item_Detour {
public:
// ******Turns all no trade items dropable. All serverside checks are still present,
//     However you can still transfer items thru the shared bank with this plugin*****
   bool CanDrop_Trampoline(float);
   bool CanDrop_Detour(float)
   {
      CanDrop_Trampoline((float)0);
      return true;
   }
};

DETOUR_TRAMPOLINE_EMPTY(bool EQ_Item_Detour::CanDrop_Trampoline(float));

PLUGIN_API VOID InitializePlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Initializing MQ2NoTrade");
EzDetour(EQ_Item__CanDrop,EQ_Item_Detour::CanDrop_Detour,EQ_Item_Detour::CanDrop_Trampoline);
}

PLUGIN_API VOID ShutdownPlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Shutting down MQ2NoTrade");
   RemoveDetour(EQ_Item__CanDrop);
}

The code you have you saw here, as I posted it awhile back.

Jigs21 said:
The code you have you saw here, as I posted it awhile back.

Well it is an awesome plugin. I have used it to get most all my characters their Saga Skins Spell/Disc. By transferring the Saga Skin Translations Vol I & II through the shared bank then going to Maelin in the Library in PoK, turn those 2 books in, he gives them back with the class spell/disc. Rinse repeat on next character.

Jigs21 said:
It may be, how do you plan on getting around the ban-stick though?
Reading back on the Shared Bank offset in the various offset threads, it seems that SOE doesn't really care that much about the shared bank hack, as long as it's not entire CoA armors and the likes that are transfered.
Some gets banned, others don't. If he's willing to risk it, then let him.

With shared bank. I dont think it has much to do with what level armor it is. I have used it in the past for more trivial items and for high end armors and weapons. I have been banned on trivial moves as early as the next day and have been able to transfer some nice armor never being noticed also. Its a coin flip in my opinion but not 50/50, its more like 70/30, with 70 percent chance you get caught. This has been over the course of about 8 times of transfers over the past year. Each time transfering a few items at a time. A few accounts were banned and a few are just fine. Would never suggest doing this stuff on any account you value.
Ohh, one plus. 2 of my banned accounts I was able to get back :)

I think (but cannot prove) that they put additional monitoring in for DoDH and later item transfers. Back when people first started getting dinged for shared bank transfers there seemed to be a pattern that those that had only moved older items had a better chance of getting away with it.

Just my impression of the reports posted various places. My last transfer was done about 2 patches before they started banning/suspending people, so I never got hit personally.

YMMV

mq2notrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back