• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - mq2nav Crashing Macroquest (EMU) in specific zones which happen to have large navmesh files (1 Viewer)

RedCents
105¢
So I seem to have narrowed this down to mq2nav and I believe the problem has to do with zones that have really large navmesh files.

To set some context:
- This is on an EMU server
- Zones confirmed having this issue are The Burning Woods (navmesh is 89.82MB) and The Warsliks Woods (navmesh is 83MB)
- Other zones in Kunark don't seem to have an issue so far. No zones in classic zones had issues (Kunark just opened today)
- I can zone into The Burning Woods and The Warsliks Woods if I turn off mq2nav before I zone in.
- If I /plugin load mq2nav while zoned into The Burning Woods or The Warsliks Woods, I crash immediately
- Macroquest Logs don't appear to have any error message
- I can load up Live Macroquest and Live EQ and zone into the zones in question without crashing.

Unfortunately, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to any limitations of navmesh sizes or how I could possibly generate them into smaller files. Anyone happen to have any thoughts?

Just an update on this.

I deleted the navmesh files for the problematic zones and confirmed I no longer crash. I have begun the process of generating some very stripped-down navmesh files and have posted for suggestions in the MQ2Nav discussion page.

Problem - mq2nav Crashing Macroquest (EMU) in specific zones which happen to have large navmesh files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back