• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - MQ2MoveUtils question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
76¢
So ive spent the past 2 days trying to get rid of snaproll with no luck.
Theres really no point in my monk and berserker doing this, they just need to walk up to the mob and hit it, if they eat some riposte so be it, instead of looking suspect as hell. What is the easiest way to get rid of this? None of my research of commands have actually worked. I got it to work once but i guess i didnt save the settings and it went back to spinning to the back looking like bots.

So ive spent the past 2 days trying to get rid of snaproll with no luck.
Theres really no point in my monk and berserker doing this, they just need to walk up to the mob and hit it, if they eat some riposte so be it, instead of looking suspect as hell. What is the easiest way to get rid of this? None of my research of commands have actually worked. I got it to work once but i guess i didnt save the settings and it went back to spinning to the back looking like bots.

Are you using Kissassist? If so, you'll find this in the melee section of your toons ini's. There are a ton of ways to set the "StickHow" command.

StickHow
snaproll

Tells character how to stick to mob when fighting. !front, behindonce, snaproll rear, front. See mq2moveutils for more valid commands and descriptions.
Note: Stick while in combat will try and use MAX melee distance. To adjust for this, use the % option in your StickHow command to move closer to the mob.
Example: StickHow=MoveBack 50% loose

as per the guide from mq2 wiki page,loose is not a good option for combat ,so for melee ,i use StickHow=!front 9 uw ,the para of this line means range 9 to target,(don’t change this number too small or you may get some trouble.),look up or down to target when under water ,if not front not move.
also dont forget our best friend is https://www.redguides.com/wiki/MQ2MoveUtils
Good luck ,hope it helps

if your KA ini file has this:

[Melee]
UseMQ2Melee=1

It Ignores your "StickHow" setting in that file. You have to set the "Stickcmd" setting in the INI file of MQ2Melee ( "ServerName_CharacterName.INI" in base of MQ2). Something like this:

[MQ2Melee]
Stickcmd=loose front 15

You can do a /melee save on that character, and it will create it.

Yes I am,
It's currently
StickHow=!front loose
I've tried a few other things there but nothing works they always swing around to the back of the mob.
They are always swinging around to the back because of the StickHow Setting, !front is code for <Not front> of the mob (so they will arc aroudnd to the back of the mob).
You dont always have to tell them to position to the back, StickHow=snaproll is the setting I have on cleric, the Cleric will snaprole and face mob during melee but is not told to arc around to the rear of the mob

From the event - Cant see my target.
INI:
/if (!${UseMQ2Melee}) {
                /if (${StickHow.NotEqual[0]}) {
                    /if (${Me.FeetWet}) {
                        /if (${Stick.Active}) /Stick off
                        /if (${Target.ID}) /face
                        /moveto ${Target.MaxRangeTo} id ${Target.ID} uw
                        /delay 10
                        /if (${IAmMA}) {
                            /stick ${StickDistUW} id ${MyTargetID} moveback uw
                        } else {
                            /stick ${StickDistUW} id ${MyTargetID} behindonce moveback uw
                        }
                    } else {
                        /moveto ${Target.MaxRangeTo} id ${Target.ID} 
                        /delay 10
                        /if (${IAmMA}) {
                            /stick ${StickDist} id ${MyTargetID} moveback
                        } else {
                            /stick ${StickDist} id ${MyTargetID} behindonce moveback
                        }
                    }
                } else /if (${MeleeOn}) {
                    /if (${Me.FeetWet}) {
                        /stick ${StickDistUW} id ${MyTargetID} moveback uw
                    } else {
                        /if (${IAmMA}) {
                            /stick ${StickDist} id ${MyTargetID} moveback
                        } else {
                            /stick ${StickDist} id ${MyTargetID} !front moveback
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

no matter what you put in your INI you could still end up doing a behindonce.

Also, what version of KA are you using. This could make a significant difference in how movement acts.

Tech - MQ2MoveUtils question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back