• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2Map crash with GetSpawnType (1 Viewer)

RedCents
155¢
Latest was in Dagnor's Cauldron, but has happened in PoK, Feerott (new) and other places as well.

---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:
Version: 3.1.0.2072
Location: C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe+00000000006358F0

CrashID: 0a69a0ac-af2b-4bb7-8b78-26a63d9fe44d

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Retry Cancel

I noticed the garbled text, but that was 2 patches ago I think, right after LS came out. I did have the one PC that kept appearing on my map, that cleared with a reboot. Just checked both maps again and seeing no garbled text currently, but I will keep an eye out.

Good morning , Yesterday when opening a map it caused a toon to crash to desk top. happened again today on another toon i looked in crash dump folder no file's in folder attachments or reports any advice ? random fluke? Thank you .

Attachments

• 20231227_092053.jpg
    20231227_092053.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
Good morning , Yesterday when opening a map it caused a toon to crash to desk top. happened again today on another toon i looked in crash dump folder no file's in folder attachments or reports any advice ? random fluke? Thank you .
Pretty sure it's known but when you get those crash windows you can hit CTRL+C to copy the text on the window then CTRL+V to paste it here or discord

yep, all the getspawntype crashes are known issues

might or might not be related to > this issue <
Are we still helping by posting the CrashID's? Or do devs have enough information already?

EverQuest Crash Detected
Version: 3.1.0.2080
Location: GetSpawnType+0 (C:\ProgramData\RedGuides\DesktopUtility\MQ2Main.dll+00000000002B3860)

CrashID: 24c40832-068e-4390-af48-179260127a7a

You can either:

Retry Cancel

Are we still helping by posting the CrashID's? Or do devs have enough information already?

EverQuest Crash Detected
Version: 3.1.0.2080
Location: GetSpawnType+0 (C:\ProgramData\RedGuides\DesktopUtility\MQ2Main.dll+00000000002B3860)

CrashID: 24c40832-068e-4390-af48-179260127a7a

You can either:

Retry Cancel
Unless it's fixed, never enough information :D This is a good way to post crashes, but I don't see this one in particular. I do see a lot of GetBodyType and GetSpawnType crashes lately though. The most helpful items to post are "Here's how you can reproduce it" though.

Unless it's fixed, never enough information :D This is a good way to post crashes, but I don't see this one in particular. I do see a lot of GetBodyType and GetSpawnType crashes lately though. The most helpful items to post are "Here's how you can reproduce it" though.
It is intermittent, however, the common things for me are:
Running 2 EQ instance on same machine.
Zone both to some zone (either via gate to PoK or portal to somewhere generally)
Pull up Map screen, get booted to desktop on whoever pulled it up.

Next time I zone, 90% likely not to happen.

- E

A. 6 accounts loaded
B. Running Bard to a spot in zone from zone in, opened map and crashed.
C. Mq2maps plugin loaded.

EverQuest Crash Detected
Version: 3.1.0.2100
Location: C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe+00000000006358E7

CrashID: b423426c-ef27-44e0-a7b3-661cbc483d5f

You can either:

Retry Cancel

I've been having GetSpawnType crashes for around a year. I've also not seen any garbled text (but I do filter ground spawns out, not sure if the bad spawn types or garbled text are related to ground spawn).

From what I understand, the crashes are directly related to MQ2Map / MQ core, and not related to Redguides at all, or anything Redguides even modifies.

Might possibly be helpful to post your logs to MQ's GitHub Issues area and have them take a look. I see a garbled text post there already, but like I previously said, not sure if It's related to the GetSpawnType crashes.

The only thing that will be useful is a reliable way to reproduce. The game is crashing at least one frame after some bad stuff happens, so the crashes themselves are useless. We need to be able to catch it before it happens

And yes we do believe it is the same issue

If you had a reliable way to reproduce the crash, how do we go about capturing the pre-crash information? Reliably replicate the crash and give the method to DBG for them to solve? Or is there some sort of advanced logging tool we would use to capture information for MQ devs?

You don't capture the pre-crash information. I do.

I've never been able to reproduce this, so i don't have anything but speculation.

and no, DBG isn't going to solve an MQ issue. Hell, they wouldn't solve it if it were an EQ issue either, lets be real.

It only ever happens to me on the character I'm currently occupying and while they are moving, generally with both mouse and keyboard. The guild lobby center area leading up to the magus and the slope going down the guild hall towards my guilds' regen pool are the most common spots I feel like. For a while I thought it was the guild pool that was crashing me.

While in a raid it seems more common. Normally I 2-box during raids, whenever one crashes - it's common to have the other one crash within the next 30 minutes.

If I were to think of the most common occurrence, I would say NoS zones. Specifically, Shar Vahl Divided would be notorious for happening at least 50% of the time. Not sure if zoning in from Guild Hall has anything to do with it then pulling up map right away, but that's my chain of events. Zone into Divided, open map, crash.

You don't capture the pre-crash information. I do.

I've never been able to reproduce this, so i don't have anything but speculation.

and no, DBG isn't going to solve an MQ issue. Hell, they wouldn't solve it if it were an EQ issue either, lets be real.
If you don’t mind me asking, what basic hardware configuration are you running in which you’re NOT crashing with?

How many CPU Cores/threads, video card make/model.

I notice this crash happens on my desktops, but not my laptop. Desktops both have over 16 threads. Crash happens on both Intel and AMD.

Videocard wise, i’ve tried newer intel iGPU, AMD, and nVidia. No difference and all crash

I’ve tried with sound card completley disabled in BIOS. I have not disabled sound from my videocard though, not sure if that’ll make a difference.

Could be CPU core/thread related… I may try to limit on my Ryzen 16c/32t somehow

Problem - MQ2Map crash with GetSpawnType

Users who are viewing this thread

Back