• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

MQ2IM (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,703¢
Hi all,

I'm back in the game after a few years away, and I could use some help.

Does anyone have a working version of MQ2IM, or can point me in the right direction on how to fix the existing one? I can get it to connect to servers but register and other commands don't seem to be working. I'm going to start digging into the code when I get some free time but I don't know when that will be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

do you mean mq2eqim? if so, the source is in the default mq2 compile source code.
reason it doesn't work any more is because the EQIM real servers are no longer available (Sony had a program called EQIM that got dumped after OOW?)

so, as far as getting a working version, impossible without finding someone to host a emulated version of sony's EQIM server.

if your looking at a certain feature of it i'm sure one of the many skilled coders here could rewrite something up for you.

works perfect the way its posted... so i'm lost here... what are you wanting?

its already up-to-date.... i've compiled it and used it and it was working fine (btw you can just use mq2irc to do all this since it goes through a irc...) so on and so forth...

Ok I'll try it again. I can get it to connect to servers and join the default channel, but commands to the server (register, add account, etc) aren't recognized.

Thanks for looking.

Looks like the command channel for bitlbee changed since the last time i used it. The command channel used to be #bitlbee, now it's &bitlbee

Works like it should once that is changed.

MQ2IM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back