• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 (1 Viewer)

willowler

RedCents
ok new user just payed 35.00 $$$$$$$$ to joi this site now ever thing i read say i need this MQ2 befor what i read doss any good what is this MQ2 were do i get it and if i dont get it here how much more money do i need to shell out

thez said:
God damn, lol. Paying $35 doesn't entitle you to skipping over the section called "Guides".

Let me give you a helpful, interesting tip. It's a bit of a read, but I wrote it for people exactly like you.

If only you people read it =p

READ ME FIRST (or: How to MQ)

I don't want to come off sounding like a dick to you Z, but if he wanted a response like that, I am sure he could have went to the MQ2 boards and got flamed the same way.

There are reasons people come here, and that is for the hospitality and being treated nicely. I don't even use MQ2 anymore and I still pay the subscription monthly and just come here to offer what help I can.

Maybe you had some sarcasm there, but the person is new and doesn't know you. Even if you had a guide written, direct it to him a little nicer.

------------------------------------------------------
All aside, just extract the MQ2.zip into a MQ2 folder on your desktop... Load up the MQ2.exe(inside the main folder), then a window will pop up in EverQuest... You can toy with the basic map plugin, type /mapf list and it will give you the options... type /mapf <option> show, or hide. Then for macros, you would want to Copy/Paste them into a MacPaint(is what it's called on my PC) and store them in the Macro folder (inside of the main MQ2 folder). Then when you go into the game, inside the little box type /mac <macro_name>

Pretty much with most macros you should be able to run them with a vanilla compile, but some need warp or special plugins. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, ask someone about a plugin or macro and make sure it's not a high risk one (if you are not willing to be banned).

Macros are nice, trust me.. Just don't be stupid and welcome to the Redguides community.

I had a bunch of stuff written here but I replaced it with this. Boiled down version.

The rudest, closest thing to a flame up to this point was written in the first post. (Towards the entire community or possibly just Redguides the entity)

Second comes your post (Directed towards one person, throwing them into the same collective "F$#@ you" as the Flamers on the MQ2 boards)

Third was the third post. (All caps is yelling and I didn’t take this "Thank You" as genuine, but more of an exasperated "Damn Finally, I might get what I paid for, Jeez" (Napoleon head twist))

Fourth was the fifth post (Sorry Badpuss you didn't help, if it needs moved, move it. I am sure any one that can do that will. Without you pointing it out to them. They will have to read this anyway to see your comment.)

Fifth this post, everything that I seem to put down in print seems to come out as a flame and ticks people off so even as nice as I made this I am sure you will be super mad and Start with the real MQ2 boards style flaming. And finally…

6th Thez's post. "God Damn, Lol" After Reading the first post God Damn popped in my mind but not with a LOL attached to it more of a /fume. But Thez always the good natured one and eager to help others, not only did he answer all questions that were asked with the link to his guide. But he answered the future questions that may be asked once a person knows a little more. Put there in the Guides section for all to see and glean knowledge from.

After all to get yourself here you normally start here. http://www.redguides.com/games/ever...rquestcheat.htm and read all about the guides offered herein, and decide these are must read guides you should pay good money to see. SO… why would your first step not be to the guides section? Where all those glorious guides are posted (that you just paid your 29.99 for a year subscription must be 35$ with tax I don’t know) teaching you all this stuff?

I know that’s what I did when I got here. I didn't say "Hey I paid my money now get on your knees and service me cause I am stupid jock and you are smart nerd." Nope I read what I could and decided I needed to know more and read more and read more. Decided I wanted to learn code and take what courses I can when I can to improve my Code reading skills in several languages to make what I see in macro's make more sense to me.

I still don't know everything and probably never will. But I do know this. If you come here bitching and hollering about money you spent and you are being ripped off, you will get my gander up. The advertisement for this place points to guides. You paid money to get to the guides. Read the freaking GUIDES. The rest of the opportunities will unfold before your eyes as they travel across the text offered up before you.

Thez keep up the good work. I appreciate the shit out of you and the extra you put out there. I can compile my own shit, make or modify macros, and run 6 toons at a time because of you and other guys like you. Hell one of these days I will even be able to make my own dang plugins. Maybe one day I can give more to the community then just working on someone else’s macro and trying to make it bigger better for the community.

SO in conclusion the original boiled down version actually got added on (sorry) If you take nothing away from this post this is the boiled down version.

The rudest, closest thing to a flame up to this point was written in the first post. (Towards the entire community or possibly just Redguides the entity)

Second comes your post (Directed towards one person, throwing them into the same collective F$#@ you as the Flamers on the MQ2 boards)

P.S. Thanks for helping out the new guy in the second half of your post. Although Thez's link to his guide will probably more easily understood to a person who doesn't know a whole lot about the English language let alone MQ2 and possibly not computers. :D

Willowler, just take this as your get out of jail free card and next time actually try to help yourself before asking others. You could have easily answered your own question by clicking to the guides section.

I just get frustrated that people don't take the time to read. If you don't have the patience to read the stuff on the website close enough to see the guides section, or even to post in the questions/requests section, you're just asking to get banned because you didn't read warnings about some plugin or macro, or whatever. MQ isn't something you should just pick up because it's there, even if you do have a precompile available to you. Pick it up because you know what it can do.

Thez a while back you kinda flamed my ass (Had it coming to me ) and ya know I respect ya for it cause not only did you piss me off enough to go find it but after I did I also understood why ya did it and I guess your edumakated me .... now I can not only read but do a search once in a while ya I ask some stupid ones now and then but that is usually after a real pisser of a day playing...... my advice (2cents worth) is keep doing what we all do here is keep things in check when it goes south and try to not only advise (flame if ya wanna call it) but try to help those who really care which is what I see here more often then not ... btw LC nice essay .... liked the read broke up my day a lil.

Sory Guys me and my BF spent 6 hr ready ever post we could and still cant figger out where to copy /past the CODE file ever after ready all you guys said i still dont get it or duss he

Okay...let me make this a whole ton easier on you, since you missed a post.

RedQuest.

That is a compiled version of MQ. Read the instructions under the "Instructions" section of the post. It's near the top.

I'm inclined to be rather lenient with someone when they type like willowler does. Doesn't really seem to have the best grasp on the english language, so I can see how they'd miss the obvious posts.

Some people just shouldn't use MQ2... Or maybe they should so they can get themselves banned and we wont ever have to deal with them in the game... I guess I can hope.

willowler said:
Sory Guys me and my BF spent 6 hr ready ever post we could and still cant figger out where to copy /past the CODE file ever after ready all you guys said i still dont get it or duss he

b_054809.jpg

MQ2 is the folder you installed Macroquest into.

MACROS is the folder your macros go into.

FORAGE.MAC is the text file you create, open and copy and paste the code you got for your macro.

Save your file after you paste the code in it.

From inside the game with macroquest running type:

/MACRO FORAGE

When your done type /ENDMAC

MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back