• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

MQ2 Wrong Client Version (since new expansion) (1 Viewer)

Bitstormy

RedCents
Hiyas, im a little lost, i have a recent compile of the MQ2.exe prog and since the recent expansion release it says i have the wrong client, im fairly new to MQ2 and wondered if im missing a new release or something. thanks, any advice would be appreciated greatly.

Whenever there is a patch to everquest (where you get a new eqgame.exe) there generally needs to be extensive work done to get MQ back up and running. As of yet there has not been a work copy completed for the newest expansion. This process can take anywhere from the next day to a week or two after a patch (depending on how much has changed). Rest assured as soon as it is possible to get a new working MQ client out it will be done.

EQ really is not as much fun with out the maps. I doubt I would keep playing if we perminately lost that functionality. Right now it is such a pain to run around the world manually not knowing where mobs or players are. Since the patch I have not, and I suspect others have not, played as much because of this. But I have confidence it will be up and running as soon as they can get it!

I love the maps too and the hard zones would be murder without them but **shrugs** after patches... now thats when I tend to start new toons to see if I might like the different race/ class combos... Not that I WONT play my mains with out MQ2, just not quite as much...

I did however learn last night... That dieing in Old Seb really does suck when you have to run the trip... /Sum truely is the best plugin when your either a rogue or ranger **grins**

New eqgame.exe even today. Oh joy love the patahces to the patches to the patches... heh In Fact i suspect this will continue til the guild bank issue is resovled so I'm geussing MQ2 won't be fully functional til after the guild bank thing is fixed cause there is just gonna be a new exe evewry other day til it is.

Just makes SOE happy that they dont have "cheaters" running amok... Dam figs... My server isnt even listed on the network status atm and I cant get in game... only 33 mins past estimated time too...

And I dont mean the server is showing it is DOWN it just isnt listed on EQlive ROFL

DrmChld said:
Now only if MQ2 could be made to read offsets from a file. No new compiles needed, just load the ini file.

The world isn't easy on us

That would be exponentially harder than you think and it would make the code a zillion times harder to read.

harleydude said:
LOL ive had sex while playing, well oral sex, i told group afk a minute, wife went down , i look back at the screen and they are all dead LOL

LOL, I did this while playing my cleric before except the afk part, man that is HARD to do, lvl 70 mobs don't mess around and it's hard to focus, it's like ahhh...shit.......ahhh.........uh oh. DAMN IT :D

Yeah seeing you laying there on the ground with your a$$ up in the air as your twin squatted over you and started stripping you.....now if SOE would just fix the /mount command to work properly.....oooohhhh gotta go....

MQ2 Wrong Client Version (since new expansion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back