• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Mq2 on a computer where I don't have admin permissions. (1 Viewer)

swootton

RedCents
30¢
Would it be possible to run macro quest on a computer were I don't have any admin privileges. I was able to get the rof2 client to work with a portable version of dx9, I haven't tried very vanilla yet but I don't have access to allow anything through the fire wall either. I would love to even just have basic mq functions like /twist or /stick without eqbcs any form of mq I could get would be great and thanks for any advice or if this is a stupid question, I am very sorry.

ima be honest, if your on MY networks... coming here to find a way around system security is a great way to get fired.

If it is YOUR PC.. we shouldnt be having a permission discussion..
I'm going to school and bought a school computer for while I'm away from home and wanted to play some everquest and I asked IT they said it was fine as long as it didn't require admin permissions. I have the computer for 4 years (till I finish my degree).

When Everquest first launched i missed 3 months of work (but I had the highest level wizard on E'ci :woop: ). On Wednesday afternoons, I went in to the office to get my tiny paycheck, which was only for the hours from the previous Wednesday afternoon. I was their one and only software, hardware, developer, IT everything guy. The president of the company asked me why I was missing so much work, and I told him. He said I don't care what you do in your office, please just be here for us when we need you. I started working 50 hours a week and playing EQ in my office, and helping when needed. Everyone was happy. Of course, I was the admin on those machines.
I love "play EQ at work and school" stories. Be as subversive as you need to be to get more EQ time. RG is a mildly subversive activity. We are all dedicated EULA breakers. I don't think that makes us bad people. On the contrary, one of my favorite parts of EQ is helping other people and giving stuff away. I'm sure many others here do that too, since plenty of us have vast EQ resources. We love EQ very much but want to play it our way. :)

Question - Mq2 on a computer where I don't have admin permissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back