• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 Latest Patch 12/9/05 (1 Viewer)

Kraze

RedCents
There are those who cry wolf and announce that each big patch must be MQ Doomsday...I think those people need to find facts to land on and stop being paranoid. I think to keep telling everyone "be careful! be cautious!" Well......DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it's annoying to beat a dead horse to freakin death and anyone with a brain knows to be careful and anyone without said brain deserves to be banned.

At the same time, I'd offer that the opposite is just as bad. To always assume that bannings are not coming and everything will be fine no matter what...that state of mind is a false sense of security for sure.

So here's what I ask of the community:

Please when you have an opinion, either way, on any topic...please at least TRY to submit facts with your opinion that "support the current situation". Meaning, an opinion that says "Oh, there will be bannings cause they have done this before..." or "There wont be banning for warps cause I've been doing it for years"...gratz and gratz...both sides have been stated a million times. Let's discuss crap that isn't so predictable. Let's be CONSTRUCTIVE.

Thanks all,

Kraze

PS - I'm sure there will be at least one person who takes issue with this post and I'm looking forward to seeing someone support the position that repeating old crap and not being contructive is helpful. :rolleyes:

Agree with ya there. STOP CRYING THAT WE ARE ALL GONNA GET BANNED! If we dont want to take the risk, then we wouldnt use MQ2. there it is, point blank. no more, no less. If we dont *want* to get banned, then we wouldnt use it.

btw, servers are up. dunno for how long though since the patch only started an hour ago

If we dont *want* to get banned, then we wouldnt use it.

Most certainly NOT TRUE.

We are however willing to take the chance of being banned, for the reward of using MQ2.

that is what i meant when i stated that. if we were all looking to get banned, we would simply quit rather than waste our money to try and get banned. no one in the right mind would waste money for something like that.

I have made some huge Noob mistakes (AFK macroing) and when it was all done I only blame myself no one here told me to be stupid just the opposite everyone has been good enough to tell me to be careful and yes some days it took a flame suit to get past those posts.

I look at this board often cause I like to .... not because I am looking to see who got banned, not looking to see who didn't get the newest versions. I come here because I play EQ and as a Bard don't enjoy repetitve tasks such as twisting.

If someone who does write the new versions of MQ2 came to this page and said "Hey guys this really sucks and is gonna take forever to do" I might think "wow, kewl" and just sit back and wait. (BTW thats what I am doing anyway.) To start 10 threads saying how hard it is gonna be .... might be just frustration and addiction venting but its getting really bad there are what 4 or 5 threads now saying how bad it is.

If half the time was spent on cleaning up poorly working Macros or plugin's then no one would have anything at all to bitch about.....

Goes and sits down with flame suit on.... again just a noob opinion and I know everyone has one.

By the way there is only a head and ass left of the horse it has been kicked so far down the road...

ok i will cough up a TARD mistake

I am in SK .. getting ready to restart the SKMM .. for the last time before the patch ..

and i type " mac skmm" TOTALLY missed the /

of course it goes into say ...

Some dude sends me a tell .. "Good move Slick" then asks me if i am a certain person.. and of course i wasn't ... BUT MAN o MAN i was hot under the colar..

felt soooo dumb .. but its a good laugh

If i get banned.. well i get banned.. i REALLY hope i don't .;. but i am willing to take the chance..

I think though .. if i did get banned.. Man would my guild be mad at me.. for being such a tard.. but oh well .. i enjoy what MQ2 brings to the game

8-)

armysoldier said:

I am in SK .. getting ready to restart the SKMM .. for the last time before the patch ..

Some dude sends me a tell .. "Good move Slick" then asks me if i am a certain person.. and of course i wasn't ... BUT MAN o MAN i was hot under the colar..

If i get banned.. well i get banned.. i REALLY hope i don't .;. but i am willing to take the chance..

I think though .. if i did get banned.. Man would my guild be mad at me.. for being such a tard.. but oh well .. i enjoy what MQ2 brings to the game

8-)

haha awesome story. Don't feel too bad. I wrote a mac to automate a monster mission myself. Sadly, I didn't think my logic through all the way and didnt account for possibly not having a task before the 2nd key word was used to zone in.

So, i go afk to go watch some TV, come back and see "Is there any particular reason you have been saying XXXX over and over again for the past hour?"

O man...I didn't know WTF to say. I was like, uhh...bugged mission? How about, Bad logic? Thats a better answer. But the real reason is, someone in the group had not dropped the previous instance and thus, I couldn't get the adventure. :P

that is why i have mine defaulted to /g so just in case i do something like that it says it in group chat, rather than having it defaulted to /say lol. if you are running missions and its your 3 chars in the group no one cares, lol.

lol... well.. when running the skmm one time, for some reason it didnt enter the mission and started warpin all over sk tryin to pull levers... lol... and like damn 80ppl were in zone.... i was hot under the collar too...

armysoldier said:

8-)

And this is why I hotkey my macros. But I have the opposite problem as army, I hit the darn macro, docrack or whichever hotkey out of habit, then sit there and freak out cause I just know that the command got logged.

Why yes, its called common sense.

Edit: I'm not saying they'd ban every active hacking MQ2 user, but if they actually wanted to, they most likely could, and then merge some servers and call it a week.

Almost as bad Army ... was running the AFk Mac when it was safe and somehow I died ya a lvl 60ish. warped back to GL and proceeded to talk to the wall for 3 hours ... got some interesting flames and a nice GM introduction .... was sure I was dead with that one ... oh to not be such a friggen noob ....

MQ'ers won t be banned because SOE need them.
SOE should thank this community because MQ users find exploits and bugs that they were unable to notice.
EQ updates depends on what it is said in here.

Newby point of view

MQ2 Latest Patch 12/9/05

Users who are viewing this thread

Back