• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 does not work (1 Viewer)

Yes, the patch just completed a short time ago. You will need to wait for EQmule to update VV then Redbot to compile and post. Your launcher should update from 'Patch Day' to 'Update' when the update is available. Alternatively, you can click the 'Watch' button on this thread: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/very-vanilla-mq2-live-servers.70637/ and ask it to notify you by email when an update is available.

I've updated, and I'm getting that same message as the original poster. I've installed the latest version via Very Vanilla. When I look in the MQ2 folder, the executable has today's date. I've also looked in the EQ folder and it has the Oct 19 as the executable date. As far as I can tell it should work now ... but it doesn't. Any suggestions? Is there a cache somewhere that I need to clear?

I've updated, and I'm getting that same message as the original poster. I've installed the latest version via Very Vanilla. When I look in the MQ2 folder, the executable has today's date. I've also looked in the EQ folder and it has the Oct 19 as the executable date. As far as I can tell it should work now ... but it doesn't. Any suggestions? Is there a cache somewhere that I need to clear?
I would double check that your your macroquest2 is the directory you think is being updated.

Turns out there was a rogue Everquest. MQ2 was using one at C:\Users\Public\daybreak game company\installed games\everquest that I don't ever recall installing. Go figure.

How does MQ2 decide which Everquest launcher to invoke? I apparently have three EQs installed instead of two.

Turns out there was a rogue Everquest. MQ2 was using one at C:\Users\Public\daybreak game company\installed games\everquest that I don't ever recall installing. Go figure.

How does MQ2 decide which Everquest launcher to invoke? I apparently have three EQs installed instead of two.
Same thing happened to me, but what worked for me was launching EQ without using MQ2 and it had an update. Now mine is working. Otherwise, go into your MQ2 file and look for the autologin configuration file and update the path there.

MQ2 does not work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back