• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - mq2 date and time vs eq date and time (1 Viewer)

Forgotmyinfo

RedCents
23¢
I am getting an error when trying to load up on test. saying mq2 date and time and eqgame date and time were different. I did a few searches but got nothing recent and they all said either mq2 or eq needed updating, but i checked and both are up to date and i didn't see any recent patches on test so im not sure. any ideas ? thanks fellas.

make sure in your redguides launcher that you have test selected, and give it a few seconds to reget the test information, then if it still states it up to date, then try using the eq launcher for your test install.

if both are up to date, then ensure your computers time and date is proper set.

Ok, so I think I have narrowed something down (but wanted to get it on here for someone who knows more about this stuff than i do). So I think that the msg i am getting is from the the live install of mq2 and not the test version. The reason i think that is when i was getting this msg the other day, i was trying to play on live and test at the same time (im curious about test and thinking of possibly switching to play my team without kronos). today i tried to login to test while i was on live but did not have the test compile of mq2 open, just the live one, and I still got the msg. So now here's the question, do i just ignore that and assume its just a wonky msg since im trying to run both?

today i tried to login to test while i was on live but did not have the test compile of mq2 open, just the live one,

When you want to play on test, you hover over the MQ2 Icon in the tray, and it should say "TEST" in the tooltip. If it doesn't, then it won't work with Test.
When you want to play on live, you hover over the MQ2 Icon in the tray and it should say "Live" in the tooltip. If it doesn't, then it won't work with Live.
1625955668777.png
^ This won't work for test.

So you need to go to the tray and right click the tray icon and select "Exit" to close Live, then launch from the launcher your test.

If you try and run test with live MQ2, you'll either get a date conflict, you'll not inject at all, or you would get an entry point exception.

thanks Sic, i read that post actually but i though it had been changed code wise to not need to be edited (i may have misread it, ill go back over it) thanks :). what do you guys think about test vs live? (would be nice not to need krono.. but how populated is test really?)

thanks Sic, i read that post actually but i though it had been changed code wise to not need to be edited (i may have misread it, ill go back over it) thanks :). what do you guys think about test vs live? (would be nice not to need krono.. but how populated is test really?)
different strokes for different folks - some love the free all-access of test and don't mind the increased eq patches/downtimes.

I have a weird "i don't feel like im accomplishing anything" on test because "my toons aren't real" - some people have that same thought about FV and tradable loot.

good news tho, you can always re-test copy if you want to start back up on test etc

thats kind of what i was worried about. i made a test copy of my team last night not to move to test, but to test out zerker dps with aa's vs no aa's (as with the rest of the group) I'm trying real hard to wait until 100 or 105 to autogrant cause i know everyone said to (and i think 105 is the last autogrant level) but i can't help but wonder if my group is gimped in the mean time LOL.

There was a time when I used test to build all my plugin stuff. But then I'd try to use the guild hall and all instances were broken, so any travel I wanted to do I'd have to do manually or get a port.

That was a real mood killer for me personally. The instances were down weeks at a time sometimes.

this is what i was talking about it was posted by redbot
Sic said:
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but you used to have to:

1. load up whatever your first set is - like mq2 live and your live toons
2. once in game - exit mq2 live on your taskbar
3. load up next set - like mq2 test and your test toons
4. good to go

if your files aren't up to date, the patcher is going to have issue with you having stuff running AND wanting to update

you can also just go into the respective drive and run the macroquest2.exe from the version you want
That's no longer the case. To load both, you just run both. Simple :)

If you're having issues, inspect your MacroQuest.ini in your test folder. If you see the following, MacroQuestWinClassName=__MacroQuestTray customize the name to something else, such as MacroQuestWinClassName=__MacroQuestTrayTest (This is how Very Vanilla comes by default, but you may have changed it or loaded someone else's ini)

Test & Live & Emu running in harmony:

Problem - mq2 date and time vs eq date and time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back