• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 - aug 11th patch (1 Viewer)

sebastienjuly

RedCents
61¢
i can't run macroquest now after the resent patch. i run mq2, patch and log on and i don't have the mq2 window anymore and no comands work. it's like it's not hooking up with everquest.

what should i do?

Did you download the latest version of the source and compile it or download one of the precompiled versions from the forums here? If you did I would delete all of your old MQ files (maybe save your MacroQuest.ini, MQ2Map.ini, and Macros folder depending if you want to keep custom settings and aliases...if you don't know what those are don't worry about it). Download again and install fresh, run it and see what happens. If you havn't downloaded read below so you understand why and then go get the newer version.

Here is a snippet from the readme.txt I send out with my compile that I do for some friends.

Rich (BB code):
**EQ Patches**

Every time eqgame.exe file is patched by Sony MQ will not work until all of the offsets are updated
and MQ structs checked/fixed in the MQ source.  In simple terms...the shit won't work on patch day.
I will compile and post working versions of everything as soon as they are available to me or I get tired of waiting and do it myself.  Updates are normally done once a month unless they f**K up big and need to fix it.

MQ2 - aug 11th patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back