• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

MQ w/ WinEQ2 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
63¢
Hey Guys and Gals,

Unsure if anyone else is having this issue, however I have just started using WinEQ2 again, and it isn't letting me use MQ w/ it?? on any of the 3 toons I box ... it kinda sucks cos WinEQ2 drops my CPU usage by over 50% and ram usage by 40% ... and I was also lookin at getting a premium sub to Lavishsoft for Innerspace also ... but would prefer MQ over WinEQ anyday.

I use wineq2 Everyday with mq2 and have never had any issue. Doesn't matter how I start it even though I usually start mq2 first.

1. If you are on Vista/Win 7 make sure all your exe files are set to run as administrator and Windows xp sp2 compatibility.
2. You should be running all your accounts out of just 1 EQ directory/folder
3. Run your eq launcher and click on Game Options. Click Next until you get Engine Settings.
Turn off Dynamic lighting and Mip Mapping.
Turn on Texture Caching and Texture Compression.
Set Texture Quality to Low.​
4. Inside EQ turn down/off as many graphic features as you can under Graphics.
Alt O (options) > Display Tab
Load Screen =None
Sky Type =Simple
Far clip Plane =80​
Advanced stetting
Turn everything off below Allow 1.4 Pixel Shaders
Terrain Texture Quality=minimum
Sky Reflection =Once per minute
Memory Mode=Minimum or original​
5. Make sure you have MQ2Fps loaded and EQ Play Nice in WinEQ2 off

Hope that helps

w00t w00t ... thanx beastdaddy ... it was simply a permissions problem on Win7 ... Got that all fixed up and working now =D

nother question that isn't so important ... anyone know how to make the resolution of WinEQ windows slightly smaller than that of the full resolution of the screen (or the windows resizeable by dragging them around)

MQ w/ WinEQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back