• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ for dummies (i'm the dummie) (1 Viewer)

SteelRain

RedCents
I've played EQ for about 2 years now never used Macro's or anything like that nor wanted to until now! i've recently started working on tradeskills and while the skill ups are great and all, the TEDIOUS crap like farming supplies and plat are no fun at all.

So long story short let's call this MQ for dummies i know next to nothing about this stuff so what would i need to do to automate tradeskill supply/plat farming?
i play 3 comps in a war wiz clr combo would i need MQ installed on all 3 comps?

long story short if you respond to this pretend like your talking to someone who knows nothing about this stuff (cause i don't) and if you want to flame this calling me a noob and stuff that's fine to just use small words so i can comprehend the insults please

The best advice I can offer if you're serious about using MQ2 is to read, read, read.

People will respect you if you atleast attempt to research some of this stuff on your own and will be more willing to help you. Just stating that you know nothing about any of this stuff, while it might be true, is an easy exit. You did, after all, manage to find this site so that shows atleast a little researching skills.

reading sometimes is not enough (it was not for me)...I reread so much stuff especially on the macros/cracks....then tested/tried ...then asked questions.

I guess I'll re-phrase my previous post. What I actually mean is that there are currently a few different tradeskill macro's available right here on Redguides. With a little searching, they could easily be found.

Most of these macros don't support farming items in the field, but instead, purchase items off vendors them make the combines.

majin1970 said:
The best advice I can offer if you're serious about using MQ2 is to read, read, read.

People will respect you if you atleast attempt to research some of this stuff on your own and will be more willing to help you. Just stating that you know nothing about any of this stuff, while it might be true, is an easy exit. You did, after all, manage to find this site so that shows atleast a little researching skills.

ok first off i've been a subscriber to the site since sping 2005 and i have done my share of reading. Mainly joined to learn good places to lvl farm play etc. saying i'm compleatly ignorant is a bit overstated on my part. Although being able to tell you what i know vs what i don't know or what people assume i should know is a little different. For example i'm pretty confident i can DL compile and run MQ2 haven't tried it yet but i think i know what i need to know. i'm just kinda lost after that lol i'm not a programer or anything like that i can use the tools i just need instruction on what tools to use and how.

prolly didn't explain much but then again i was never good at putting my thoughts to word.

you are worried about what comes after using MQ2? ....I would use it first before worrying about what comes after it.....

personally I received tons of help with my questions/requests here...I am also not a "computer" person....but after reading all the guides and trying to do some things I knocked about 80% of my questions I originally was going to ask off.

The thread for my compile gives the details on just about every single plugin you need. As for plat farming, there are several guides posted here on how to do it. When it comes to tradeskilling, look at Armysoldier's threads. All of this stuff is stickied in the strat's and cheats section, and there's an *entire section of the forums* labeled "Guides". If you want advanced macros, pay for MQ2 VIP and set up ModBot or AutoBot.

well i have gotten simple macros to work now i guess it's time to start working on making the macro i really wanted to use this for farming wailing substance, shrieking substance in hollowshade moor and swirling shadows in twilight sea. no warping or anything fancy just simple run up start macro kill mob loot needed material destroy everything else and repeate. any assistance would be appreciated im confident if i can work this out later macros will be easier.

Make it easy :)

First step - try to explain what you exactly want to do.
Step by step - do it as you tell someone from an other planet how to cook coffee ;)
After that name this in sections and make it more specified.

Next step is translate your own words into MQ2 ( you will need help, you will :) .. )
Now the hardest step - find bugs and ask us to help - and and ... "you feel that you become better in MQ2 (135)"

Thats the time to control the struct and do some compression + some extras - like detailed logfiles better phraser etc.......

try it - i know YOU can it !!!!

GL !

PS: i isolate sections and make little macs - so i can better check - whats working what not and - later you can take this little macs to make fast a new ... only a little hint :) but i think every peep make it other way :)

MQ for dummies (i'm the dummie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back