• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Monster Mission automation? (1 Viewer)

colexian

RedCents
116¢
I have played Everquest on and off since Kunark, and I recall when MMs came out that people would farm Thurgadin over and over for AAs early on.
There are clearly way better ways of doing this now if you have a higher level character, but the fact that the instances are exactly the same every time with choosable roles which would allow for consistency with all group makeups, that should make them at least semi-easy to automate, correct?
You could code for consistency in the classes and the AAs of each character, the paths could be the same every time, the spawns will always be the same as far as I know.

Was there ever a huge nerf on the AAs or a long lockout associated with them?
Or was there just easier and better things people moved on to?
Is there any technical limitation preventing rapid automation?

I believe there was a massive nerf of the AAs so it would not really be worth doing the MMs anymore.

They can certainly be automated but just like bard kiting macros the MMs belong in a museum. :)

Don't know how an automated mac would run the whole team, but the issues I had when doing things like this (with KA) was the .ini file. Because it sets according to your toon name, you would need to swapout/change the .ini file each time you ran it because of the different skills/abilities each character would have when you run them.
Its not a difficult thing, but can get annoying if you forget to swap/change the .ini's, and they take a bit to set up the 1st time you run in each MM.

I believe there was a massive nerf of the AAs
Ah, exactly what I was wondering. Oy vey.

Dyou would need to swapout/change the .ini file each time you ran it because of the different skills/abilities each character would have when you run them.
I have just started using MQ2 but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to code something up to load a specific .ini per zone. In fact, is there any native way in KA to just have profiles per zone?

In short, Nope.
But there are multiple workarounds depending what you want it to do differently per toon. Kiss has a ton of commands it understands. You can make hotkeys to turn stuff on and off and use EQBC to send across the toons you want. "/bcaa //mqpause" if you need to slow things down and collect yourself before issuing more commands.

I had a request in for a plugin to swap ini files from ingame but it never got any traction and I dont have enough play time let alone learning to develop one. There are better people around for that if someone wanted to make it worth their while.

I had a request in for a plugin to swap ini files from ingame but it never got any traction and I dont have enough play time let alone learning to develop one. There are better people around for that if someone wanted to make it worth their while.

I was planning on making a little application to swap ini files but I didn't really consider making an actual plugin or macro to do it from in-game. Swapping out my files to change my mages from AE everything to only use single targets is a pain in the ass.

I do something that does give me a different .ini file for different versions of KA.
Rich (BB code):
    /declare MacroName              string      outer       KissAssist
I change the highlighted text to something else (along with the macro name) like KissAE (for uee with any class I want to run major AE spells on)
Then run /mac KissAE and it would give me a .ini called KissAE_toonname.ini
I can make such for many different senarios (i.e. AE's, Indoor, Underwater, Caverns, Roam, Basecamp, etc). The options become limitless.
Only true issue comes up when KA needs to be updated, you need to copy/rename for each special setup.

This also helps in testing different setups.

I thought about trying to automate a few of the MMs, but decided to box them first. I played through 5 or so different MMs and decided it wasn't worth it. The exp gain is just too low. A few of them have items that are decent for leveling characters, but the levels come so fast these days that it's not even really worth it to take the time to go collect it.

Request - Monster Mission automation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back