• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Monk , Feign Death PL Question (1 Viewer)

dougie222

RedCents
I thought there was a timer / wait after a Monk Feigned Death before another player could attack X mob and get the exp from it ?

Currently I can pull anything light blue and lower (haven't tried higher yet as my plee is low) to my 70 monk and FD once. This immediately transfers the aggro and full exp to my plee......

For some reason I thought they changed the coding so that there was a wait period for the aggro to transfer....

I could be wrong though, I was gone from EQ for a really long time and have just been back for 4 or 5 months... if that.

Thanks!

No, this is how I PLed my bard.

Pull with your monk, start whacking on the mob, have your PLed toon start whackin on the mob too, get the mob to 5% or close, FD on monk, finish off with toon.

For some reason the mobs usually came and started whacking on my bard, but I kept a fungi and heal song on him and that helps esecially at lower levels.

On higher level mobs this doesnt work very well. I'd say mobs above 35 start to keep aggro on you, even though they don't attack you. So they remember all the dmg you did, and unless you get lucky and get an aggro erase on the first feign (No way to tell unless PL-ee gets exp ) you'll be KS'ing him

That is what I thought also Mochilla, that is why I was questioning if the coding or something was changed with FD.

I pull stuff yellow/red to my bard (bard just hit 48 last night) I attack with the monk and the bard at the same time until the mob is between 3 and 5 percent... I then FD and get up and run to pull another, the bard gets exp every single time, never once has he not gotten exp. (except on the rare failed FD where the bard finishes the mob before FD refreshes)

Anyway, bard will be hitting 51 soon, then I can use my mosquito boots. I'll have to figure out if I can swarm exp faster then pl it with my monk.

I'll enjoy my one click exp for the bard while it's working at least =)

I can FD once, as long as the FD didn't fail "xxx has fallen to the ground" it is mem wiping and letting my plee get full credit for the kill.... as if the monk never touched the mob, no faction hit, no anything.

I FD once and get up and run to start beating another down while the plee finishes off the first... I watch the screen on my other PC to make sure he is getting the exp and he does, all the time.

that is why I was wondering if something was changed.

Thanks

Monk , Feign Death PL Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back