• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Monk FD macro or plugin (1 Viewer)

dRAGONWIND

RedCents
10¢
I did a search and couldn't find anything relating to a macro or plugin to help skill up a monks FD. If there is such a thing, would someone please be so kind as to link me to it or explain to me what macro or plugin (if it already exists) I should be looking for.

If not, would anyone be willing to write such a thing?

My Iksar monk would be in your debt.

Dragon

Last edited:
Just typed it up, prolly needs a little work :)

Rich (BB code):
Sub main
/declare FeignDeathTimer timer outer 0s
:Main
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Feign Death].ID} && ${Me.Standing}) {
/doability "Feign Death"
/varset FeignDeathTimer 20s
}
/if (!${Me.Standing} && !${FeignDeathTimer}) {
/stand
/delay 1s
}
/goto :Main
/return

ok, siddin, tried yours (loaded it as fd2) it went into a fatal loop w/o actually doing the skill fd itself. Had to unload mq2 to stop the loop.

Nightmare, did yours as well, (loaded as fd1) It ran once then terminated the loop. No repeat on the skill attempt. I'm going to try and change the delay time on the skill and see if it will help.

Dragon

I took Siddin's and made it work, here it is :

Rich (BB code):
Sub main
	/declare FeignDeathTimer timer outer 0s
	/if (${Me.AbilityReady["Feign Death"]} && ${Me.Standing}) {
		/doability "Feign Death"
		/varset FeignDeathTimer 20s
	}

/if (!${Me.Standing} && !${FeignDeathTimer}) {
		/stand
		/delay 1s
	}
	/goto :main

/return

Mine was crap, so I modified his lol

OK, one more mod.

This one will redo the ability as soon as the timer is up, it doesn't wait the 20 secs.

Rich (BB code):
Sub main
		/doability "Feign Death"
		/delay 1s
	}

/if (!${Me.Standing} && ${Me.AbilityReady["Feign Death"]}) {
		/stand
		/delay 1s
	}

/return

Anyways, you could also use the one above with a random element added to make it seem a little less mechanical by changing the line to this:

Rich (BB code):
/varset FeignDeathTimer 10 + {Math.Rand[10]}

Ok, put in the rework of Siddin's macro and it's working wonderfully. Thank you both for the quick response and making this macro work!

The random element on the macro is working great as well. Seriously, thanks guys, you have no idea how much I appreciate this.

Dragon

Rich (BB code):
Sub main

:loop

/if ( ${Me.AbilityReady["Feign Death"]} ) /doability "Feign Death"
/delay 3s
/stand
/goto loop

Only thing missing from your macro Nytemare was the ":" before loop at the end of the macro. Should read /goto :loop

Yeah, I figured that out once I tried to run it :) Mine would have worked probably, but the other solution was a bit more elegant, so I started using it as a base. I still don't think in the macro language yet, a few more months of writing them and I should be able to whip something off the top of my head that works, hopefully.

It works real well. my monk has skilled up 27 points since I started this thread. I was wondering, can you add another skill function such as mend to the macro or would that require a seperate macro? mend pops up at something like every 7-8 minutes. I am not asking for it to be done, just curious if you can stack functions to a macro like that.

Dragon

Should be able to, this is again off the top of my head, but should work, just gonna add 1 or 2 lines to do the mend when the ability is available:

Rich (BB code):
Sub main
		/doability "Feign Death"
		/delay 1s
	}

/if (${Me.AbilityReady["Mend"]}) {
		/doability "Mend"
		/delay 1s
	}

/if (!${Me.Standing} && ${Me.AbilityReady["Feign Death"]}) {
		/stand
		/delay 1s
	}

/return

Actually I think I might need to do this on my monk. His FD is maxed, but I dont think his mend is lol

There is no safety in any of these macros. If you have your own guildhall that's great, but if you're going to afk this, there's always a chance someone is going to see you falling to the ground right on time for the next few hours and report you.

I've used this for several months, turn it on overnight. FD and sneak max out in a couple hours, mend gets bad. See bottom for what to start running when you can do other stuff and have a mend macro running in the background.

Rich (BB code):
|fdskill.mac

Sub Main
/declare People int outer 1
:mainloop
/if (${People}) {
	/if (${SpawnCount[pc radius 400]}>1) {
		/varset People 1
		/goto :mainloop
	}
	/varset People 0
}
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
 /camp
 /end
}
|| Increase FD 
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady["Feign Death"]}) { 
        /doability "Feign Death"
        /sit
      } 
|| Increase Mend
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Mend]}) {
        /doability Mend
      }
|| Increase Sneak
	/doability Sneak
/delay 3
/return

Rich (BB code):
|mend.mac

Sub Main
 /echo Running - ${Macro}
	|| Increase Mend
	/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Mend]}) {
		/doability Mend
	}
	/delay 10
/return

OK, taking pms's suggestions into account, here is one that will pause as long as there are other PC's within 400 ft. I modified the way it works, as in looking at the logic I do believe once his starts, there is nothing to set it to pause while there are people around if they come up afterwards.

Rich (BB code):
Sub main
	/declare People int outer 1

/if (${SpawnCount[pc radius 400]}>1) {
		/varset People 1
	} else /varset People 0

/if (${People}) {
		/delay 30s
	}

/doability "Feign Death"
		/delay 2s
		/stand
	}

|| Increase Mend
	/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Mend]}) /doability Mend

|| Increase Sneak
	/doability Sneak

/delay 5s

/return

There you go, I added sneak in there as well, I may be running this later once my monk is out of where he is currently parked lol. hmm just thinking about it though, not sure if you can sneal if you are FD'd, so may have to put in a /stand command in after the FD just to make sure it works. OK just modified it inline to stand 2 seconds after doing the FD so that sneak should work then also. I didn't put in the GM detection, as its pretty useless most of the time, but its a simple add in there if needed, just paste the section in.

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=14549&highlight=monk+trainer

This is the one i used i had a fishbone earing on and went into gunthak by the bridge and parked it in a corner. All skills maxed. Then to level up his wep skills i have another handy little macro but you need a high level bst. It would afk bring up your wep skills. i would park my self in a corner in seru and let the bst pet and the monk go at it. def and all wep skills maxed in about 1 week of that.

If there is a high enough demand ill dig up that macro as well

Monk FD macro or plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back