• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - ModBots - Questions - Probably many more coming (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
So I used E3 on PEQ:TGC - never really learned Lua but managed to get a very robust setup and maintain.
Decided to try out VV on live about a year ago. Had fun - simple enough. I always felt like it lacking in some areas based of my experiences in the past and my familiarity with E3.
Enter ModBots - I played with IHC a bit but wanted more finite control. More tweaking. More pew pew. MORE POWER!
Actually the single most relevant thing is not being able to do charm pets efficiently. I did make hotkeys to facilitate it but having the ability to re-charm during a fight - yeah.

So. Does anyone do this? I see examples for 105/110 but by then charm pets are not as common. Particularly in this manner.

Question 1: Does anyone else do charm using ModBots? If so, thoughts, comments or suggestions? Possibly past relevant section(s)? Some what curious on how to make sure Tash (and later malo) is landed first.

Well. This worked. Kind of. Issue is that the chanter tries to charm EVERYTHING. I could conceivably list only targets I want PetCast=Charm 3 4 "a badass mob, a dif mob" but if there are more then 1 of them it would still attempt to charm them all. I was looking at using as a cbt-able buff to make use of the TarType=makepet like the mage but that is untested at the moment and not sure if this will resolve my issue. Most obvious is it would interfere with the tash debuff.
Has anyone used this in practice?

Can you elaborate on the charming issue? If so, I can take a look at the macro for you. I don't use the Charm section a lot, so it possibly needs some tweaking. PM me if you like.

[Settings]
PetCast=Charm 3 0

[AD3]
Gem=5
Spell=Charm
DurMod=0
SpellAlias=charm
SpellMinMana=30
SpellRecast=0
SpellDelay=0
TarCnt=1
TarType=12
TarBegHP=200
TarEndHP=1
UseHoTT=0
SpellFoci=
Announce=
SpellCastonResist=tash
IfSpellImmune=
PreCondition=TRUE

When the group does engage, the enchanter starts attempt to charm everything. I see the mage used AD TarType=makepet so this I assume alleviates casting repeatedly for that class.

Looking at doing something like this PreCondition=/if ({Me.Pet.ID}==NULL) /return TRUE (edit: /return TRUE)
Not sure is that is correct syntax yet or not but hoping it will check to see if a pet already exists.

edit - it could be TarType= helping to cause this but literally just started playing with this last night. Had been using KA up to this point.

Last edited:
The wiki might be wrong. Try Charm 5 0, instead of 3. It looks like it is the Gem#, not the Spell#. Also, make sure DoPet=TRUE. Maybe someone else here who uses charm can point out the issue.

I have bee working on a few modbot fixes and additions, like handling of the damn stuck gems. I am almost done with that and can post the release. After that, I can move to a spot where I can try charming. It's a lot easier to work on these things when I can experiment first-hand.

Question - ModBots - Questions - Probably many more coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back