• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

[Mob Hunter] Are Massive Online Games Getting Worse? (1 Viewer)

How clumsy do we feel when we try to explain instances using examples from real life?
I would say GODS testing us.

The game got smoothed out and streamlined and now everyone does monster missions until they join the high-end raiding game.

This i think is false. Some may do this but you can tell if they dont know how to play their class. My guild doesnt stand for it. you mess up 3 times, or dont do your part you are deguilded. I like this cause it keeps out those idiots. Our guild is also very "mature". If you are 12 you are prolly not in the guild.

I am one of the few that likes MMs tho. Its kinda nice to get away from your main (thats why we create alts) every once in a while. And when there is no one on you can group with any level and any class which makes those dead times not so dead. Plus its decent xp. Gear wasnt to bad at the time either.

I like the changes.

How many friends did you miss meeting simply because you never occupied the same dungeon?

Or how many trains did you miss out on, or how many camped mobs?

I wish epic mobs were instanced. I dont know how many times you finally get up the force to do epic mob (hard to do with no reward for anyone else) and you get there and someone else is doing it or just did it.

But on the other hand i have met some nice peeps that draged my body out of a zone and rezzed me. I dont really play with them anymore, but i still /wave when i see em.

The only thing i would add to the LFG window is AAs, HP, and mana. THis would hurt some peeps on the low end, but i dont know how many times i asked a warior his HP (i know you wars hate that question) and they said 15k buffed, then you get to the mission/zone and they get eaten because they only have 10k hp. then you all wipe, peeps get pissed and disband, and then you find yourself at square one.

I have found a way around this of course. EQPLAYERS FTW. Before i even ask anyone i just look em up. they are close enough to the hp/mana that you can make an educated guess. But it would be nice just to have it listed.

Well that is my 2c.

Or how many trains did you miss out on, or how many camped mobs?
karnors, highpass hold, heck crushbone just to name a few... that was one of the best AND worst parts of the game. camped mobs? i played on vallon zek back in the day and i can tell you for sure that there is nothing like seeing someone camping the mob you want and sending them to their bindpoint. yeah it sucks if it's the opposite and you're the one that gets killed, but hey RL is the same way.

im not proud anymore to get lvl 70 or 75 or get a 1.5 epic or 2.0 because you dont have to work for them anymore. you can get there in a month or 2 if you know anyone and your not a retard(as you said idoits need to be kept out). there were alot less idiots when the game tested peoples ability the entire way. now you can simply having a friend pl you or give you a bunch of attuneable gear so that you wouldnt have to learn how to raid in the lowbie raid zone like ntov, ssra, and the like.

[Mob Hunter] Are Massive Online Games Getting Worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back