• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MM questions. (1 Viewer)

tludaienscorpse

RedCents
I was sitting and wondering about these two things in school today:
1. If you looted a shard, destroyed it, adn looted anotehr would you get double xp?
2. Say, If you were on a fairy m, and looted the shard, could you just zone out, drop task. and do ti again? if so taht would reduce time by like 15 minutes hehe.

1. No
You have to have the shard on you when you zone out to get the xp, so destroying the shard while still in the MM does just that, it destroys the shard.
2. No
I believe (and may be wrong) the timer starts when you zone into the MM so no matter what, after you zone in, you have to wait till timer is up.

3. Might want to move this to the questions forum (just and fyi is all). :)

not sure about that though cause you can get the mission, drop it, then get it again. What I mean is, for example, when i got the HHk mm recently someone accidently picked a second cleric. I dropped everyone out of shared task, dropped the mission and instantly got another one. That is why I think it starts when you zone in. It can't start after the MM is completed cause if you took 5 hours to do it, then you would still have that timer after you are done. That is why you see the varied timer left till you can get the next mission depending on how fast you completed the last one you were on.

The timers are running while you have the MM but doesn't count against you until you complete the mission. We used to have the same thing on the Taskmaster missions with the 30min timer.

If the lock out timer is 45min then if your mission runs over 45min you will not be locked out. But if it takes 30min then you'll be locked out for 15min.

Or at least this is how the Taskmaster mission timer worked.

As Alatyami says, the lockout timer only counts against you upon completion of a task. If you don't complete the task, then you will not have lockout time.

Also, the lockout timer starts from the time you get the task, not from the time you enter the instance.

Now, back to question 2, which is actually an interesting question..
Can you keep doing the task without having lockout, if you loot the shard right away, and don't complete the mission?

Now, I haven't done Fairy mission in a loooong time, mostly because it's a drawn out mission and doesn't give much XP compared to others, easier missions, but if I understand it correct now, then you get the shard already when you have killed the remains? That means you have the shard before the missions is done, because you still need to destroy the 3 shard-thingies?

Anyway, my guess is that you will only get XP if you have 1) the shard from the mission and 2) a completed mission. Would be interesting to check out though, if you get XP just for having the shard?

I tried the concept of leaving early with fairy before.

Zoned in, looted necklace, zoned out.

WHen I zoned out necklace was gone and it appears it only stays with you if you have completed the mission.

I'm assuming a shard would work the same way although I haven't checked. But if loot works that way in fairy, I'd think shards would too.

Yea, You dont get xp till you complete the mission. And you get locked out because you complete the mission. So i dont think its possible. If you zone out early no xp, but you would be able to get another mission. Not a bad idea tho

MM questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back