• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Mis-zoning (1 Viewer)

dRAGONWIND

RedCents
10¢
Ok, this will most likely be recieved as an oddball question but what the hell...

Has anyone here ever had the situation where you go to zone into some zone somewhere, and end up in PoK instead, yet your friends who zoned before you, wound up in your target zone, and are asking you where the heck you are?

I've had this happen to me at random intervals for about 2 months now. It seems to happen more often when i'm doing multi zone runs than going from say PoK to netherbian lair, but if i'm going from PoK through the intervening zones to griegs end, I run a chance of trying to zone into griegs end and ending up back in PoK.

if i'm running through more than 5 zones, I can almost gaurantee i'm ending up back in PoK before I get to my destination...

From what I can tell, none of the zones were crashed. Guildies and group members were in them before and after I dumped back to PoK...

I don't run a custom UI just the default stuff that comes with the game (it works fine for me), I only have MQ running in the back ground, no active shyt running that I know of.... happens more frequently when i'm on a mount, than not.

Comp is an AMD 2gig system, 256 meg vid, 1 gig ram. Did a full file scan and nothing was changed or re-downloaded. Even went so far as to uninstall and re-install eq to try and fix the problem, no luck still does it.

For obvious reasons I don't care to dump my info to SoE to see if they know whats going on....

Dragon

(also, running windows XP pro, fully updated and current.)

Happened to me a couple times but not recently. Right after PoR was released, I was in DS and used the PoD to send me "back" but somehow I ended up in the old Freeport. I never used the freeport PoD before because my main was KOS in freeport so no idea how that happened.

check that your Piggyzone (if thats still its name) ini file is correct.

In the file it lists zones and their connectors.

One wrong copy and paste will do it.

just a thought

ARMY

I get the opposite, I can /zone relic from Nexus and then you get "Entering : Relic" and sure enough Im in relic. I have tried it with a few different zones and can go directly to them pass go and collect my pimp money.

Nope, wasn't using a zoning plugin. was physically running the zones the old fashioned way. But about every fifth zone (roughly, sometimes more, sometimes less) I wind up back in PoK. I even do this w/o MQ running so it's not caused BY MQ. Have yet to figure out whats going on but can pretty much gaurantee if I wanna make it to PoK all I need to do is zone 4-5 times or so and i'm there (lol, it DOES come in handy 'sometimes').

~Dragon

Mis-zoning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back